Car Rental/Driving in Cancun - is it fairly safe???

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by DHart, Jan 3, 2008.

1. DHart

DHart Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just curious if it's relatively safe to rent a car at our hotel (Presidente) and drive to Chichen Itza for the day. I've been from Cancun to Chichen Itza twice before, once by air, once by bus. Thinking of driving this time so we might be able to stop and spend a little time in one of the towns along the way. Is this crazy???

2. jimelko

jimelko Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

No not crazy at all , we have done that exact same thing for three years.Do it and enjoy it, stop along the way at the different little local craft places, if someone in car speaks spanish it helps but not needed

3. Mojito

Mojito Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We've done it as well...and it was a great experience. In fact, we drove Cancun to Valladolid to ChichenItza to Merida to Progresso and back and had the best one week getaway!! I never felt unsafe. You'll have a wonderful time.

4. sng

sng Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Renting a car

What is the cost to rent a car there? (I am sure I can find this on the web too.)

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
  6. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lots of money for the toll road. It was like $27 USD I think in 2002. Definately worth it, however... after driving through Veracruz I would almost be afraid to take the old road! :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice