Car importation sticker discussion

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Mellow_in_Puerto Morelos, May 28, 2008.

1. Mellow_in_Puerto Morelos

Mellow_in_Puerto Morelos Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  2. escondida

escondida Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello Frank,
    it is right, that you don´t need any permission from Banjercito for temporarly car importation when the car arrive in Quintana Roo. Quintana Roo is a comercial free zone, thats the reason you don´t not need any permission. But you cannot leave Quintana Roo with the car or you make the permission before you are leaving QR with your credit card from other country (not Mexico) or in case you don´t have one, you can pay a deposit, it depends of the age from the car, between 250 and 1000 USD. It´s only a deposit, when you are cancelling the permission you get back your money. It´s sure, we have brought cars through Veracruz, we paid there the deposit and on the return to QR with the car we stopped over in Chetumal, in Banjercito, and they paid us back the whole deposit and they are also informing that you don´t need any permission in QR. You can call them: Banjercito en Teniente Lopez (border to Belice).

:lol:

3. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The previous poster is correct I have had 3 different cars here that we brought from the States one driven and theother 2 shipped from Miami. I never needed the sticker while here. I have always had a FM3 though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice