Car hire at Temptations

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by madao, Jan 20, 2009.

1. madao

madao Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi

Im trying to cost out car hire for our trip in March. Although we wont be needing a car every day im guessing it may be cheaper to hire one from the airport for our whole 2 week trip rather than paying inflated prices hiring one for 3 or 4 days at the hotel.

Anyone have any experience of hiring from the airport or Temptations? Or even better does anyone have a link or know the prices for the car hire offered at the resort??

Many thanks

Ads :)

p.s. yes I know we could do the trips & tours instead rather than hire and do ourselves but this is my 3rd and my mates 2nd trip back so we wanna do some stuff at our own pace if possible this time! lol

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I have a link on the main site for car hire bookings where you can check out prices:
    http://www.cancuncare.com/Cancun_Transport/Cancun_car_rental.htm

It's best to book through an established well known company such as Hertz Avis National etc (I offer National) Some of the smaller companies have badly serviced cars and insurance stings.

You shouldnt really worry too much about renting from somewhere close to the hotel as the bigger companies offer a drop off pick up service.

One thing though, I would guess that hiring for 2 weeks may well mean it sits parked up for most of the time. You'll be having to much fun.

3. madao

madao Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the reply Steve.

Granted I accept your point that with a 2 week rental it may go unused many days but iv been in too many places where 3 or 4 days hire from within a hotel or tourist area is jacked up to the same price as 2 weeks hire if you hired straight from the airport when you arrived. If you then factor in the cost of a transfer too it brings the price down even more. Make sense?

Thanks for your info tho, I will check out the details and share with the poeple ill be coming with. I certainly agree with your advice about a well known name too, iv heard / seen too many stories to risk anything other than a reputable company!

4. mandn

mandn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just back and hired a car for 3 days last week. Went across the street and paid $60 US per day. Decent car, and parked in Temptation parking lot over night. Was happy with the service.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice