Can't Quit Thinking Like An American

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by RiverGirl, Nov 15, 2007.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah, I've heard some stories. No toothpaste for 6 months. Vegetables that were rotten before they got here on the truck. And no cheese except that awful rubbery Austrian cheese in cans. This used to be a frontier town from what everyone has told me.

2. Cdn Cat

Cdn Cat Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm dating myself now but back in Cancun in '92...

...try staying in touch before the Internet ...
    ...depending on the mail....
    ...no sour cream...
    ...only sour milk...
    ...to make a phone call you needed a sack o pesos...
    ...had to hunt all of Cancun to find a pay phone that worked....
    ...to renew your papers you had to go to Mexico City...
    ...no Walmart...
    ...no Sams/Costco....
    ...1 McDonalds....
    ...no Starbucks...

I could go on and on... :shock:

3. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think many of us would enjoy that option if it were still around......

4. Isla Zina

Isla Zina Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Having been to Costco twice in the last week, I'd say try them for bags and dishwasher detergent. Since they sell both washers and vacuums, they are likely to have both. The vacuums I saw displayed with bags were Kohler wet/dry..so look for rubber bands too to adapt. Have you tried emptying your full bag? Muchachas are handy for that!

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was in Costco last night, still no Spray 'n Wash (I did find a microdose of Shout at Soriana), still no Automatic Dishwasher Detergent (got that at Soriana too), and they don't have bags that will fit my vacuum cleaner.

In fact we've been emptying and re-suing bags for a while now. It's definitely time for new bags. But thanks for the thought. I still need to try Sears and Liverpool for vac bags. But I've noticed that both of those stores sell vacuum cleaners which they do not sell bags for. So just because a place here has the machine does not mean you can get the bags. Sears told me I could special order vac bags for the machines they sell and that they would take up to a month to get. Unbelievable that people do business that way.

6. CancunGringa

CancunGringa Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Rivergirl - I'll be in the U.S. over the Christmas/New Years holidays. If you haven't found what you need by then, let me know and I'll bring it back down with me. Vacuum cleaner bags are light and won't take up much room. And I'm thinking there are some dishwasher detergent pellets available now that are lighter/more compact and may be easier to transport. (I'm green with envy that you have a dishwasher!)

7. Bonez

Bonez Addict Registered Member

The true birthplace of the greatest sport on froze
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Rivergirl
    We too are coming for 11 days with our kids over Xmas from Canada. We will be near PDC. Is there anything that we can bring?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice