Can't logon to RCI Points web site

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by infidel, Jun 10, 2008.

1. otn

otn Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well today RCI took my call and confirmed all of my upcoming vacations. The rep said that the issues with Premier were being worked on and that there was a message sent to all the CSR's about it. So instead of insta-transferring me this time they helped me out.

2. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    otn, that is great news for you....hopefully everyone else will be able to get thier messes worked out.

I am still waiting to go down in September....have all my confirmations for that trip, we will see what it holds!!

3. 12531

12531 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    The BIG question is has the 60,000 point limitation been lifted. That is a major issue. What good is getting through to RCI only to be told you can't use enough points to book anything!

4. soonn

soonn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am happy for you.

12531 is right on, the issue is max point limit of 60K.

Thanks for sharing information.

5. jayc72

jayc72 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just got off the telephone with a CSR from RCI.

I was told that the 60K limit was being imposed on Blue Bay members only. I asked why and was told that BB members have had a history of booking higher than normal amounts of air fair tickets and because of cost reason and availability to other non-BB members of RCI they have imposed the 60K limit. I asked if this was going to change in the future, not anytime soon. The interesting thing I found was that this limit is specific to BB members, and the change is a result of a pattern of behavior. It was crystal clear that RCI had made this changes, not BB/Temptations.

Too much of a good thing I suppose. Now I will be looking to BB/Temptations to see what they are prepared to do.

Just thought I would share my experience, and my opinion that this 60K limit is here to stay. RCI is clearing changing policy (website access and 60K) to discourage BB/Temptations members.

I'll make a prediction that RCI will no longer be involved with Temptations Premier in the future.

6. Turbos

Turbos Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I too tried booking my airline tickets for our October trip off of what Chris had written in another post.
    I called last night and was told that the 60k cap has not been lifted, I called again this afternoon and spoke to a very angry sounding gentleman and was told that he has heard nothing regardng the lifting of the cap, wanted to know where I heard such a rumor, advised me not to plan anymore vacations around the rumor of the 60k cap being lifted and if it was to be lifted it would probaly be in a year or more.

So much for the CSR's getting a memo

7. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    RCI has always been shady as hell. Just think back to all the people you know that have had timeshares through RCI. I'm willing to bet most had frustrating issues that never got resolved. They started this mass timeshare BS and became masters of screwing people over. I know some people that have set ups through Interval International and they never have issues like this. More of the typical crap that when you trade in a week to go somewhere else you have to plan a year or two ahead to ever get in. Otherwise people that I know that have timeshares through Interval International have pretty much enjoyed it. I think they actually took over RCI as the worlds largest timshare. I believe RCI is still in the middle of a class action law suit over high season weeks being sold out by them and screwing over members who'd like to use there weeks during that time. Basically "pigeon hole" them into using there timeshares in the down time.

This 60K crap is really putting Premier members in one hell of a bind. Anyone ask RCI how to use your 5 million points if your only allowed to use 60k???

If its a 100% true that this rests on RCI's lap then Orginal resorts should stand up for their members and file a lawsuit against RCI. Because in the end RCI will remain the bad guy like they've been for years and Temptations, Desire, and all the other Orginal Resorts are getting an unfair bad rep. that will affect there bottom line for years to come. If RCI is crapping in Orginal's pool then kick them out.

Nick and Renee

P.S.: I'm glad my membership has nothing to do with RCI.

8. 12531

12531 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    I don't see how RCI could impose a limitation on BB members only and that be legal. Premier sold us these contracts based on RCI points. If RCI is the culprit here and this is the first I have heard that RCI is admitting this) then Premier needs to file a lawsuit angainst RCI or be prepared to reimburse those contracts for RCI points that they have sold! The ball is in their court they need to do something about it. Again I urge those affected by this to file official complaints with Profeco and since RCI is a US company we need to find our who to file with here in US!

9. soonn

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I contacted the local news TV station, call3@kcra.com , and here is the department information they send me, I live in Sacramento area.

Thank you for contacting Call 3 Problem Solvers.
    Please contact the agency listed below for assistance.

Consumer Affairs (California State Department of) 400
    R Street (800) 952-5210
    Sacramento, CA 95814-5200 (916) 445-1254
    www.dca.ca.gov

10. soonn

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I also send the reply to KCRN TV.

Dear Call3,

Thanks. I realize that call3 does not deal with problem outside the couty, or local area. It sure would be a benifit to warn people of the problem, so they may be saved from making the same mistake. That is what news is all about, letting the public away of a big US coporation like RCI can cheat the public out of their money. How can I contact DR. Phil, or Opera shows?

There are many US citizen who are in the same boat with me, who believing in the product, and how RCI discriminating to just one group of members from a resort in Mex. by not violating RCI contact.

Please go read the Forums at www.cancun.com ---> Temptation Lounge ----> Can't login to RCI, and Watch out Premier members. You can see for yourself.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Soon

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice