Can't logon to RCI Points web site

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by infidel, Jun 10, 2008.

1. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I soooo agree, we bought because we thought we were getting our next vacations for cheaper....the air fare
    at the time I thought I was guaranteed a vacation at TTR for the next 6 years (not a big package) but now we wont even get that. This is the 1st year I get to go more than once a year, because of the points system.
    NOW if it is the way they are saying we wont get our money out of it for alot of years.

My husband is looking at me with lifted eyebrows, and saying "I told you so"

It wont stop me from going here, but not as often, now I have to pay the whole boat so to say!! but as they say, you live and learn, right now I cant wait to get down there in September.......taking my contract with me and asking...."WTF??" not that it will make a difference, but at least get to say my piece!!!

I will wait to hear if Chris has any more information before I make an ipinion..

2. soonn

soonn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    All,

I have some questions to all the members here.

Does anyone, that complain here, violate their contact with Temptation?
    Did anyone here decide to send Temptation a letter letting the resort know that they decide to pay less than what they agreed to in the contact?
    What do you think Temptation will do if you tell the resort that you would not pay the full amount you agreed to because you change your mind, or cannot make the payment, and you still like the resort to keep their part of the contact?
    What do you think the resort will do if you stop your payment in full?

Temptation did not even let us pay as we go without charging interest, they will not even let us make reservasion if we are behind on our payment. So, why is it okay for Temptation and / or RCI to change the contact, or change what they agreed to? Did they said, we can fly any where in the world for $49.00 + RCI points when they present the membership packet to us at the sales office upstairs.

I pay all that I agreed to in the contact, and not a peny less.

Do you all think that Temptation will be sending us some discount, or giving us money back, since the RCI points Temptation sold us cannot buy air tickets anymore?
    :mad:

3. Roy and Marie

Roy and Marie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

We also took a small package knowing that in 3 or 4 yrs. that we would be able to buy more . Knowing that Marie would get hired fulltime where I worked (and proud to say that she did 6/24/08 ) after she gets top out pay in a couple of yrs. none of this would be a problem . It's just that right now isn't a good time for them to thow a screw in our party plans..We also can't wait to get back there , we just don't know if we can if they won't let us use our points to fly....

4. Betty&Leo

Betty&Leo Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I dont know maybe its just me but I dont find anything cheaper with this time/share/weeks/points thing! All i know is I use up 20000 pts and still have to pay around $1600!! and thats not to mention airfare..... All i keep hearing is I could have paid that without ever buying into RCI ..... sucker born every min I guess

still love TRR and already called in my 20k pts for next april!

5. pdtwo

pdtwo Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    After reading the posts, I tried to log on to the RCI points website and also was denied access. I called and was told by the representative that Blue Bay had caused the problem and that I had to call in order to use points for reservations. I then asked for my points balance and it was provided with no problem. I then asked if there was a limit on how many points could be used and was told that there was not, I just had to call in order to make reservations.

I had only accessed the site to check my points balance and do searches. I had always called to make the reservations. Hopefully our access can be restored, if only for the sake of convenience of checking our points and doing searches. I don't mind calling for the reservations. And, thank you to Chris for helping on this issue. He was very helpful to us earlier this year when we had some questions.

6. Roy and Marie

Roy and Marie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just got off the phone w/RCI and the lady I talked to told me that we could only use 60,000 pts a year and put me on hold and a guy came on and told me that I would need to transfer 70,000 pts per ticket(airfare) and after that got completed to call them back . So after the points get transfered am I going to get to use them or what ?

7. 12531

12531 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    I would like to know if you will be able to book airline tix as well. I sent a letter to Premier and Profeco (Mexico"s version of BBB) requesting to recind and refund my contract which is basically useless since I can't use the points. Of course Premier sent back a lot of double talk most of it in confusing english (some sentences make no sense) again saying not their fault, it is RCI and will not refund my contract. RCI continues to say Premier is the one who put the points limit and "special handling" in place. It is impossible to believe either one of them. Niether will provide any written documentation showing who is the culprit. I am waiting to hear what Profeco has to say. If is is not fraud to sell someone something and then put rules that make it impossible to use then I don't know what is. All I know is I am into the tune of 19K and have nothing to show for it. If I refuse to pay the rest and walk away I have nothing. If I continue to pay it off I will have 5.6 million useless points and the prevlidge of returning to a place that right now is making me feel pretty sick at being taken! The members who are in this position of having their point use restricted all need to inundate Profeco with complaints and have them put pressure on premier to fix this or give refund on those useless contracts. I hear they actually do have some clout in Mexico.

8. Slotman

Slotman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Please post the contact info for Profeco so we can all send them our complaints.
    Thanks for the guidance.

9. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ditto

10. 12531

12531 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    email complaints to extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx
    or the mexican embacy in your home state if you have one
    Complaint form can be found at www.profeco.gob.mx/formas/f_3i_quejas.htm

type PROFECO into google and there is an option to translate into english
    Another site you all may find helpfull is

http://www.mexican-timeshare-fraud.blogspot.com/

I fully agree that if enough of us start complaining they will have to recind this rediculious stuff they are trying to pull with our points limitation. We bought the points we have the right to use them!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice