Can't logon to RCI Points web site

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by infidel, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    And here I was getting all excited about people getting ready to go "Judge Judy and all that..." :roll:

:D

Jamie

2. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Soooo Chris, in all you wisdom, would you think it wise of me to wait untill I get there in September to talk to them directly about the contract I have??
    I dont exactly understand, but don't want to waste another day in the "high pressure" sales place to get it explained and them trying to sell me more!!

ok, ok, so maybe the blonde is coming out in me????

3. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jamie, you make me laugh!!!!

4. soonn

soonn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Chris, Thanks for your hard work.

What will happen to the other Premier Members who wnat to keep the old accelerated points program "BBCC"? Does it mean that RCI has void the contact, and we only have max limit of 60K per year to purchase air ticket?

You said, there is no charge to convert to new program. That is not true. When we were at the resorts, Frank and Jesus upstairs wanted us to pay $27,000 to convert 6 million points we own to 9 All-Inclusive weeks, this is without upgrade. Perhaps, my English is not so good, and I mis-understood Frank and Jesus. Please explain to me what is the convertion rate, how many points to one All-inclusive weeks with 60K a year.

Thanks again.

Soonn

5. Turbos

Turbos Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the update Chris.

One question I have is; When did Premier start selling the new points program?

When I was there in January, nothing was mentioned to us about a new program.

Also, any word on when the 60k cap will be lifted?

Alex

6. Beverly

Beverly 2nd day member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here's what I'd like to know? What about all of us with the old contracts. We didn't purchase points. We bought nights. What's going to happen with our contracts if they have not only changed the program from nights to points but to accelerated points now.

7. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Your contract is still valid and good. They've been doing points now for at least two years I believe. I still have weeks I can use any time I want, just pay the AI fee and that is it, no maintance, no points, no nights, and all other odd ball crap they try to confuse you with. So no worries about the old contracts. They have to honor them.

RCI continues to change there programs that resorts are allowed to sell. That is why Premier has changed many times through the years. I would assume they tweak it every so often to bring new people in and try to resell to people who did and didn't buy in before as the "new program is far better for you" selling pitch. Weather it is or isn't I never heard the new sales pitch. I would assume its also tweaked to more money in everyones pocket. Nothing comes for free.

Nick and Renee

8. Roy and Marie

Roy and Marie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We bought in last June for the simple reason that we couldn't get cheap airfare and the points we bought would take care of that. We used our points in May and everything went great . We want to go back in Sept. but we have already used our points to fly once and nothing was said when we were there in May about only using 60000 points per year and our contract says nothing of this sort either. They got extremely mad when we told them we didn't want anymore than we already had . The guy got real mad at my brother and his wife when they turned them down . He said sign hear and through the pen down on the table and walked away...

9. infidel

infidel Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

10. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have seen this high pressure also. When we went in January we wanted to see what new the resort offered and took the tour again...we told our hostess right away we were not going to buy more, knew it was her job to try to sell us more and were really just looking for answers. After all was said and done, we really got little new information and felt bad for wasting an hour of her time. Our hostess was nothing but polite but seeing someone else get the "sign this" treatment was a bit of a downer.

We purchased our package for the air fare also as it is very expensive to fly from the Green Bay area and driving to Chicago or Milwaukee was kind of a drag. We took the smallest package available figuring we could fly 4 trips for $100 a couple (closer to $200 with RCI fees) and felt we basically just paid up front for our flights. It is frustrating they are changing everything and lack of communication. I emailed the address Chris gave us and got an auto reply but no more information. Up to this point I have not regretted our purchasing into Premier but like every one else that purchased in the last couple of years am frustrated with the lack of communication. Temptations should have had an email out to each of us as soon as RCI cut our access off, and if they did not have a current email address should have sent EVERY member a letter through the mail.

Saying all that .... still love Temptations and can't wait to get back.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice