Can't logon to RCI Points web site

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by infidel, Jun 10, 2008.

1. cancun_christoph

cancun_christoph Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We'll know full details before September...should be next week. :)

2. soonn

soonn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    "FLY ANY WHERE IN THE WORLD FOR ONLY $49 IS A THING OF THE PAST." We may not be able to fly at all with the RCI points we bought.

The technical support persons at RCI told me that there are many unhappy BBG members who called and complain, and many wanted to purchase Air tickets with Premier member RCI points, and found out that they cant even buy one ticket with their RCI points to go to Cancun.

We bought several million points believing in sales person and sales manager at BBG, he/she said "airfare will go up each year, but the number of RCI points to purchase the tickets to go somewhere will stay the same, and the exchange fee will stay the same $49.00", "so you will make out in the long run, since you pay for the RCI points now, they will worth more later". and how about this statement, "Premier Members will travel anywhere in the World for $49.00".

Guess what? Premier members can not travel anywhere in the World for only $49.00. Our last trip in May to Temptation from the Bay Area, cost us 130,000 RCI point + $288.00 fuel additional charge + 98 exchange fees, total cost $386.00 + 130,000 points.

I called RCI today, I wanted to purchase two air tickets to Thailand, RCI told me that we can not buy ticket to that part of the World from RCI point partner any more. RCI changes the contact, and they have the right to because of the fine print so called disclaimer at the bottom of RCI contact. Like we all found out, there is also limits of 60,000 yearly to trade with RCI point partners. This is a story of "Big fish eats little fish".

By the way, we were offer to change to the new All-Inclusive program, we were not impressed, 1) we will give back the points we own, 2) we will need to pay more money for toward the new program. We decide against it cause it's not for us.

Let's hope that Chris the new Premier VP can do something for us.

Soonn

3. 12531

12531 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    The thing about this is RCI claims it is Bluebay (Premier/ Temptations)who has limited the use of our points to 60,000 per year and that they Bluebay (Premier/ Temptations) wants to be treated as a "special group" with in RCI. This is what has resulted in no more combined contracts and the point limitation. RCI also claims Bluebay (Premier/ Temptations) has two programs one labled BBCC which has the limitation on points and one labled PBOR which has no limitation. How they decide who is what RCI would not say but we do know that some people do not have the limitation. If what RCI says is true and pPemier is not denying or confirming it then the contract I signed with them is fraudulent. They sold me something I can't possibly use! I am sure I am in a huge boat here. Obviously presure needs to be put on Premier to resolve this issue. as for me my contract is new, I have not even used one bit of it. I will be sending a request to disolve my contract. I doubt I will get a response, as, since all of this started they do not respond to emails and the person I have beed dealing with said she agrees with me but cannot do anything about it. I will have to proceed throught the process of notifying Mexican authorities, travel user groups, whatever it takes. At least some of you who bought years ago got something! We have zip!!

4. Turbos

Turbos Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have been a Premier member since February of 2005, and I upgraded my contract in February of 2007. The upgrade included 5.8 million points.

We have never had a problem using our points, whether it be for airline tickets or hotel reservations. Until the past two weeks. The hassels we received from Customer Service in transferring my points were unbelievable, and I also e mailed and phoned Chris and he also has not helped me.

The final straw was when we called RCI tonight to book airline tickets for our stay at Temptations in October, we were also told that the max we were allowed to use is 60,000 points. Now from past purchases, an international flight is 65,000 points, mighty generous of them not even to give us enough points to purchase one ticket

Anybody.....Somebody.....HELP

Alex

5. 12531

12531 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    At least you got to use SOME of those points! This year would have been out first time back. When we were sold those points in the "presentation". Bernie told us this was a great deal. He said "RCI does not like it because our members have so many points without the same restrictions on use other resorts have. You'll be able to use your points for airline tix to come to Temptations etc........" Having been familier with RCI points I realized it was a good deal....To good to be true (therein lies MY STUPIDITY). I think RCI put soooo much pressure on Premier to put a stop to this that Premier has had to come up with these limitations. This has given RCI (as US company) the ability to point the finger at Premier (a Mexican company ) as the culprit in this (Theft) of our points. It IS a theft of our points, as you can figure it will take 100 years to use our points at 60K per year. We would have a lot more assistance to fight RCI through the US then Premier through Mexican Govt. I fear a loong uphill battle here

6. Turbos

Turbos Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just received a response from Chris regarding the 60k point cap.
    He advised me that he has been working 24/7 on this problem for the last two weeks with RCI, in Mexico City and in Indianapolis and further advised me that the 60k cap will be lifted in the next week and access to the RCI website should be restored within the next three weeks.

If anybody else hears of a date when the 60k cap is lifted, please post it.

Thank you Chris for getting this resolved, I didn't realize the magnitude of this problem.

Alex

7. soonn

soonn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with "12531", I also think RCI is the culprit here, I think, RCI is loosing out in this shell game (saling vacation points). RCI may not be able to raise the price of point, all the resorts are selling, quick enough to obset the rising prices of every thing else, and the falling of US dollars, and with the price of airfair going up as the gas price is hitting record high, and still climing. I could be all wrong here, what do I knwo.

The way to fight RCI is getting the words out to as many as possible of 3.9 million RCI members and the other 4500 BBG/Temptation members, that RCI is changing its Point Partner program, and RCI members may not be able to use their points for air travel any more. Keep looking for RCI forums on the websites, and post the information. Let me know if you find the Website, I will do the same.

To all the other RCI members,
    Please help us if you are reading this tread. You may not have much to loose here, if we let RCI gets away with this, who knows what else they will do next, perhaps put a limit on how many points we can use for RCI resorts which will force us to buy points from RCI inventory if we need more, or how often we can vacation.

I am glad that Chris the new VP is working hard 24/7 on this issue, it must hurt Temptation membership sales, when the accelerate point system got taken away.

Soonn

8. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Just be glad all of us have Chris working at Temptations right now. Because not to long ago you'd have gotting nothing from the resort in form of help.

At times I think Temptations would love to go back to 2001 and keep the orginal program. So much more straight forward and RCI pretty much out of the picture. Once RCI got there hands in there deep it spun out of control. I know the resort is the one that makes most of the final decessions on the direction their going to go within RCI. But just think of the selling pitch RCI gives to Temptations. RCI is masters at presenting a pile poo as a diamond and can sell ice to an Eskimo. Before you know it in gulps you by your own doing. In the end it becomes just a big mess of confusion for everyone and the end user feels it the most. Its there hard spent money that they spent on something that they need to be Einstein to even understand it at all and then right when you do finally understand it all changes again. At this point most people just give up and chalk it up as a lesson learned and RCI wins again.

Hope things get worked out with the points for you guys. I know your not the only ones in the boat with it.

Nick and Renee

9. LouandAlice

LouandAlice Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    not a happy camper

Hey everyone - I called RCI in May getting flight info for a Canada trip, unfortunately I waited intil June to book. We have 225,000 points sitting there & the rep tells me they changed the policy again (dont need to inform people), says I have already used our 60,00 for this year & cannot use more until next year. We are not very happy about this RCI, they keep changing the rules all the time. We could be dead before we use these lol
    :mad:

10. cancun_christoph

cancun_christoph Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    With regards to the conspiracy theory of the two codes "12531" refers to (quote: " RCI also claims Bluebay (Premier/ Temptations) has two programs one labled BBCC which has the limitation on points and one labled PBOR which has no limitation").

This is correct, sort of - there are two codes.

BBCC is the old accelerated points program, which RCI no longer allows us to sell. This code is no longer used. With PBOR, the new program, RCI didnt apply restrictions on how many points can be used as it's OUR inventory (not RCI points) which is the core of that program (Weeks at our resorts with All Inclusive Fees included). The only RCI points are 60k or so per year for use at other resorts.

Time was spent in the Mexico City meeting discussing mis-information being given to members over the disruption of service, and we've been assured this will be sorted as soon as possible. Most Premier members will have received an email by now from Premier advising them of the issues of the past week. If you have not, please help us update our records by contacting premierservice@originalresorts.com.

Although I've read some posts on here that seem to imply the member feels "S.O.L." and that we've run off with your money. We're not turning off the phones or closing the hotels.

About 70% of Premier Members who have been visting us on property since the adjustments within RCI have started have been switching their programs for new one which includes the All Inclusive Weeks - which we have more control of. This means you're swapping airfare for All Inclusive. In most cases - there's no additional costs for this - only if you increase the size of the package.

I remind you, you can still reach us at:

Toll Free numbers:
    USA: 1-877-4648641
    Canada: 1-866-8129055
    Mexico: 1-800-5093040
    Tel: 52 (998) 881 7900 ext. 7090 to 7094

Fax: 52 998 881 79 00 ext. 7042

Customer Service working hours:
    Monday to Friday
    8.00am to 7:00pm
    Mexico Central Time

Regards
    Chris

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice