Can't logon to RCI Points web site

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by infidel, Jun 10, 2008.

1. infidel

infidel Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I called RCI customer service & a rep said something was up (no details) w\Temptations mgmt. & they discontinued access for TTR\BBG members to their site last week.However they would still make reservations over the phone.Anybody know what's going on? :?:

2. RonaldNTalina

RonaldNTalina Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sounds pretty shady if you ask me. I would be interested to hear what everyone thinks about this.

Ronald :cool:

3. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I've heard through the grape vine they changed there policy yet again and now no longer have access to RCI website services.

Nick and Renee

4. cancun_christoph

cancun_christoph Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone. Yes, it's true that RCI has limited access by our members on the RCI website. We have been aware that RCI is restructuring certain aspects of the points partner program which we've been eagerly awaiting to receive word of- but the limitation of access to the website was as much a shock to us as it was to our members. Contrary to what I've heard through the grapevine that RCI agents were telling members Original Resorts restricted the access (how would we do this on a website that's not ours? I'm not sure), I can assure you that's not the case.

Original Resorts Executives, myself included, will be meeting with RCI in Mexico City next Wednesday to discuss why the limited access occurred, if it's permanant or temporary and discussing any changes within RCI that could effect members in the forseeable future. If there are any changes - they will be made known to members.

I know that's kind of vague - but it's all I know so far.
    If you have any questions, you may direct them to me and I'll get back to you (I'm currently travelling) at premierpr@originalresorts.com

Thats about as official sounding as I get. :)

Chris

5. Jim and Kathy in Ohio

Jim and Kathy in Ohio Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Saw this post, tried to log on.....

Oh oh,,,,not another RCI headache!!

No luck, not allowed access..

I'll wait and see if Chris comes up with something Wednesday..

Not happy.

Jim

6. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    eagerly awaiting Chris's update!!!!

this sucks!!

7. 12531

12531 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    It seem we are about to get scammed by Bluebay /Temptation/RCI (no one is willing to take the blame here). I have been back and forth on the phones and email with RCI and Premier and they point the finger at each other. Basically, someone (each says it is the other) has now limited the amount of points we can use (for points parners) to 60,000 per year. This apparently is so new that it is not in writing anywhere other than the disclaimer of "all programs are subject to change" A quick math calculation here will tell you, you purchased more points than you would ever be allowed to use in a lifetime!! Also, 60,000 points gives you about $599 in "buying power" per year. Not even enough for what one airline ticket is getting to.
    Unfortunatly for me, I purchased in Oct. have not even finished paying it off yet. I am debating just stopping the payments and taking the loss where it stands. I doubt since we are dealing internationally if a lawyer can even do anything for us. I feel like such a jerk for allowing myself to be scammed so bad! My 5.2 million points would take 86 years to use at the rate they now allow and cost me $523 for $599 worth of buying power per year at todays prices. It would not be so bad if I were actually getting some rent from the 6 weeks per year I "own" but I have yet to hear the fee they charged me for the "lifetime rental" has translated into even 1 rental this year. I am wondering if all the members got together (once word gets around about what is occuring) if there is anything such as class action suit in mexico!

8. pjsplay

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So Chris......have any word??? r they again restricting the amount of points you can transfer??

If that is the case, I can't wait to get there in September and have them try and sell me more time!!! As a matter of fact I might just make a special trip upstairs to see them, and have a discussion?????

any info would be appreciated

9. cancun_christoph

cancun_christoph Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Everyone,

The website is being restored - however it will take the RCI IT department a few weeks to make this restoration happen.

With regards to the points transfer, to make a correction on what's been being circulated, there is no limit to the points you can transfer, only a limit to the amount that can be used for Points Partners. Members are unlimited on use for accomodation.

Keep in mind our accelerated points is something very unique within RCI... Most members have an AVERAGE of 40-60k points per year, and can borrow from the next years points...and that's it. So, when decisions are made - like the global limitation on points spent for Points Partners - obviously our 4500 members (who it effects more than others) sometimes get lost in the 3,995,500 members RCI members who can't accelerate.

The meeting was positive in that we feel our position and the position of our members were stated and met with great concern, and we've been assured by RCI they will be working through the logistics with RCI Points Partners over the next week for a final solution that has our members interests in mind.

Over the first quarter, We've also been swapping members out to the new program which has All Inclusive Weeks included and standardized points...so that's always an option to everyone. So, the $49 airfare is replaced with free all inclusive. With the changes made to Points Partners last quarter of '07, this swap makes sense for alot of members.

I don't want to spend much time addressing 12531's post - but I will say that RCI is a publicly traded company and we've been in business for 26 years and have one of the highest return visitor rates in Mexico...neither of us are in the business of "scamming" people. Before you get all "Judge Judy" on us, perhaps wait it out and see if you're happy with the outcome first.

I'll post more over the week as it develops... :)

Regards
    Chris

10. pjsplay

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank You Chris, don't know if I really understand, but at least I know I will get the AI fee or my airfare.....

Hopefully it will all come out in the wash, once it is sorted out then perhaps they will be able to tell me in September???

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice