Can't climb Chichen-Itza ruins anymore ??

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by djalbe, Jun 11, 2008.

1. djalbe

djalbe Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey all. Have been to Chichen Itza back in 2002 and enjoyed climbing all those stairs to the top. Just clicked on Entertainment Plus private tours and under their Chichen Itza tour, they write, "(You can no longer climb the ruins at Chichen Itza)"

That's news to me, although I would imagine that's accurate if they posted it. Anyone been there recently to confirm and any idea why that is ?

-DJ

2. B & J

B & J Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0
    We were just there in April and it is true, you can not climb the ruins anymore. They told us that on average 10 people were falling a year and gettin seriously hurt so they had to stop allowing people up. Also, you can no longer go inside the large pyramid because people defacing it with grafiti.

3. Rdy2prtyinCancun

Rdy2prtyinCancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow! Ok big question because I was "JUST" about to book this tour online- Is it even worth going to go see if you cant do all that? We are new to cancun and have never seen Chichen Itza. Thanks~Jen

4. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Yes, it's still worth going. When we went I climbed, Chris stayed on the ground (she has this thing about heights), neither of us went inside cause it just looked bad in there. We still both enjoyed the trip and learned a lot. There is much more to see than just the main pyramid.

Jamie

5. Rdy2prtyinCancun

Rdy2prtyinCancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Jamie I booked our tour Yesterday afternoon- woohoo! I'm a dork I love that kind of stuff,lol. Cant wait to go to TTR got 2 weeks to go!!! C- every1 at the sexy pool~Jen

6. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    It's OK to be dorky over that stuff now and then. :D I'm right there with ya...

Jamie

7. funcouple

funcouple Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We went on the tour in September of 06 and loved it. You could not climb the ruins then and they said they had 10 people not just get injured but die the year before. Also the ruins are very fragile and they are trying to repair them so they will last many more years to come. The information that you receive on this tour will astound you. The facts of what they knew about the solar system and how it worked that many years ago is unfathomable. If you like history at all this is a must go see.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice