Canine control

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CancunCanuck, Sep 3, 2007.

1. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am beyond livid, so angry and mostly sad and sick to my stomach. I was just coming home from work and saw my neighbour's amazing, beautiful, friendly, well cared for dog being dragged by a rope around her neck! I ran over to see what was going on and it was animal control taking her away, dragging her off her owner's property. This is a dog wearing a collar with tags of her recent vaccinations, spayed and not a threat to anyone and they were treating her like a rabid cur. There were a bunch of other neighbours all trying to stop them but these guys were PENDEJOS and just kept dragging poor Huesos. We kept asking why and what we could do and they said they were doing it because she wasn't well cared for, she wasn't in an enclosed space. We begged for a phone number and name to call to get her back and they didn't want to give it to us. They finally gave us a number and took off with our poor beautiful girl crying in the truck. The owners were at work so don't know what's going on. One of the neighbours was trying to reach them but couldn't. He said he would go right away to try to get Huesos back, but they said they would have to build a house or put her on a chain or something first. I told the neighbours I would help in anyway, even letting her stay in my garden. I just feel sick about the whole thing. This is a dog that I LOVE, even though she is not mine, she is a sweetheart with Max. He saw her in the truck and said "Mira! Huesos! Chiquita! Que paso?" Broke my heart, I am shaking and crying here, I just can't believe what I witnessed.

Why with all the sick, uncared for, dangerous animals on the streets would they take poor Huesos?

Free Huesos!
    [​IMG]

2. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh No Kelly! That's just awful. Please keep us updated, I hope they get him back. Surely someone must have called them for them to just come and take him like that.
    Let us know what happens.

3. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Eso es México

4. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jen....They were rounding up all the dogs in the hood that were not enclosed, they had about six of them in the truck already. Everyone in this hood loves this dog, she's the sweetest little thing. Liz knows her too, it's so sad.

Drew....ain't it the truth? Doesn't make it any easier to swallow though.

5. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kelly!!!!! OH NO!!!!!!!! I was hoping the pic was because they let you keep her in your yard and at least she was saved.

I don't fricken get it. I'm disgusted myself.

Diesel and I both love her. She is so full of love and so gentle. Goofy.... but gentle.

Please let us know what happens and if I can help. That's horrible.

I'm glad that the neighbours and you were there to help tho.

:(

6. TANDG

TANDG Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You just ripped my heart out! The poor baby. Please keep us updated

7. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's terrible.....he looks like such a great dog in the picture.

Hopefully the owners can get him back home where he belongs.

8. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Liz, I think you would have punched these guys out. Watching them DRAG her with a rope around her neck was one of the most horrific things I have ever witnessed, she just laid on her back and cried. It will haunt me for years. The fact that soooo many neighbours came out to try to help her will tell you how nice she is, nobody wanted to see her go.

She's so incredibly sweet with Max, when we go for walks she will come when he calls her and sit so he can hug her and kiss her. She doesn't jump, doesn't bark, doesn't move until he is done, then she gives him a kiss and goes back to her porch, I've never, ever met a more gentle doggie. I feel sick to my stomach. I might walk over there later and see what happened.

9. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah you're right. I would have punched them out and gotten deported for it. Dragging her on her back? I got evil goose bumps and now my hands are shaking.

She use to run in front of me and then drop to her back so I'd rub her belly. LOL. Poor huesos. Hope she's ok.

10. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good god Kel! That makes me sick! Let me know if you need any help at all! Did anyone think to take a photo of the abuse? Then you could go to the press.

Truly, if I can help that doggie let me know!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice