Candy In Mexico

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Partyometer, Apr 21, 2021.

1. vacationkyfuncpl

vacationkyfuncpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0
    I bet there food is just yummy 5star stay lol.
    we were in Jamaica last yr and a young lady on our flights husband was caught with coke.
    She couldn't get him out. probably still there

2. ging

ging Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +463 / 1
    I don’t think I’ve ever seen an undercover cop try to sell drugs openly. They setup controlled buys or It would be a real waste of time.

Be more worried about losing your money or getting bad product.

3. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    That may the economics of police work in the states, but we’re not talking about the states.

Besides, I’m not sure I’d bet my next few years of freedom on what you don’t think you’ve ever seen.

But hey, it’s just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Jamie

4. Deleted member 48570

Deleted member 48570 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Come on. You’re not going to spend 2 years in a Mexican jail for trying to buy thc gummies off a undercover cop in front of a resort. Take it easy with the hyperbole maybe?

5. ging

ging Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +463 / 1
    Im not going off personal account. I've never seen a complaint against a person that says an undercover cop was trying to openly sell drugs and caught someone.

6. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Hey. You are more than welcome to prove me wrong. Buy away on the beach, from you friendly taxis driver, whatever.

I’ve seen the videos of the police beating a guy for selling fruit on the sidewalk without a permit. I’ve talked to folks that have spent time in Mexican jails.

I personally would not suggest poking the bear. But you do you.

Jamie

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    No one should be buying anything IMHO from anyone anywhere while on vacation..

You do realise how many people are murdered in Cancun and Mexico daily by the cartels to support the demand from tourists? No demand, no murders.

Not all the victims are involved. I've already had two good friends murdered, others have had to flee overnight leaving everything behind. I don't want to lose any more.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • List
  8. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,819 / 3
    Heartbreaking. Sorry about your friends

9. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Thanks. Oliver (ex bartender) was one, I know you guys knew him too.

10. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Oliver's story.

Oliver was a bartender at Temptation (and Blue Bay Getaway) for around 20 years. He was one of the first staff members I remember. He always looked after me, he'd point at his eyes to say he was watching (taking care of) me every time I saw him. One of the crowd favorites, everyone knew him, everyone loved him.

We became close many years ago, he lost a child of a very young age, and that devastated him - as it would anyone. We remember his delight at becoming a new father and the sadness that shortly followed.

Years went by, he split with his wife and in 2019 he quit his almost all adult lifelong bartending career at Temptation to start his own little bar in his home state of Tabasco. Nothing fancy just a few tables and chairs, but finally realizing his dream of starting his own business.

After a while the cartels came calling. They told him he needed to pay what they call here 'derecho de piso' - right of the floor or right to operate. They asked for a small sum, which he paid (who would say no?). Month by month they asked for more and more until he was no longer able to pay what they were asking.

One day he was driving home and he and his buddy were shot by motorcyclists and killed instantly, for his debt. His beautiful smile instantly gone - his face a mangled mess and his life lost, leaving behind a 14 yr old daughter.

Apologies for the detail.

Mexico can be a rough place. When I see people cheerily inquiring about obtaining illegal drugs as if they are nothing more than a pack of Mentos, I remember my friend and how he might still be here if the cartels didn't exist to supply those who can't give up their pack of Mentos for a week.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice