Cancun's bus service

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by vrodgers, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. Singer

Singer Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  3. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There are more route 1 buses than any other in the HZ. Route 2 will take you to Walmart, as will Route 15.

4. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The buses were only out of service for a day or two after Wilma. The hotel zone buses run 24/7, while most of the inner-city buses start their runs at the crack of dawn and go until almost midnight, depending on which route. i have noticed latly that the number of hotel zone buses is less than it was last year, (to lower costs I expect) so expect slightly longer waits and more full buses.
    I invite you to read my post on the bus routes below;
    http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=437433&highlight=#437433

As for the stop numbers, some stops have the signs and others don't, but I'd be surprised if even the bus drivers paid attention to them. If you need to get off somewhere just look for a landmark of some kind near your stop so you'll know when to get off.

5. vrodgers

vrodgers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow, I must have sounded liked a newbie to Cancun with my question!

Last year we found it extremely difficult to catch a bus after 10:00 pm anywhere, and several people that we talked to who were staying at a hotel closer to downtown (past the golf course by Fat Tuesdays) were completely out of luck. It seemed the buses were stopping at the top of the "7" and not going further after dark. That is what I was referring to as the buses running 24/7 beyond the hotel zone. To some, the HZ ends at the top -- to others its the entire bend before the jungle stretch to downtown.

As for the numbers, I know the drivers don't pay attention to them but many tourists do. I have been helping several people who are going to Cancun for the first time and I did't want to refer to these numbers to help them find their stops if they aren't there anymore!

Thanks for the help anyways!

6. LiTTLEMiSSJENNA

LiTTLEMiSSJENNA Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    okay i see this forum for cancun info has the latest posts and i have a question even tho its off this topic kinda- im going in may and i was wondering if thats a slowwww time or if it will still beee funn? :?:

7. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've not experienced this. The buses do lessen in number after 9 PM or so, but they continue to run their full course as far as I know. I've had R-2's go by me when going for a 1AM Wal-Mart run, and I have caught buses from La Isla into town after midnight... its entirely possible that some of the buses do start to act funny after a certain hour..... but I've never noticed it. Some people have to go home from or to work at late hours (ie: When the mall closes) so there would have to be at least some buses that take them.

8. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    May is a very popular time of year to go.

Many people consider it to be the best time to go weather wise. So, I'm sure you'll have a great trip!!!

9. LiTTLEMiSSJENNA

LiTTLEMiSSJENNA Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks so much!!

Im staying at cancun palace- will i be able to find a bus to bring me back there at the end of the night??? or do they stop running?

10. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The buses run 24/7 in the hotel zone so no problem catching a bus to get you back from the clubs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice