Cancuncare US Election

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Steve, Oct 27, 2004.

?

Cancuncare US Election

1. I'm from the US I vote Bush

100.0%
  2. I'm from the US I vote Kerry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'm from outside the US but I'd vote Bush

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'm from outside the US but I'd vote Kerry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Liz

Liz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mikey, Why would you have done the exact same thing? Im really trying to understand this.

2. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And I think it's importand to remember that he was in a room with school children.

Would you have wanted him to jump up and start screaming and frieghten those children to death?

I for one when I heard what happened had to take a minute to truly absorb what had just happened to my country.

Why would anyone expect event he President of the United States not to need a few moments to reflect on what happend and what was going to come next.

I personally have no problem whatsoever with President Bush's reaction that day. He did exactly what I would have expected our President to do.

And remember, hindsight is 20/20.

It's very easy for everyone to look back now and point fingers and say his reaction was wrong or that he didn't do enough.

Karan

3. Mikey

Mikey Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Karan, I couldn't have said it better.

4. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anytime Mikey.

I've stayed out of the political posts on the board for the most part but this thread just struck a nerve with me.

It's so easy for people top sit back and judge and say someone else would have done better and that President Bush didn't do enough.

Having a relative who worked inthe World Trade Center at that time I know I will never forget how I felt when I heard the news of what happened. And I was thinking only of one person and was totally in shock.

I can't even begin to imagine what President Bush must have been thinking and feeling knowing the whole country was going to be looking to him to get us through that terrible ordeal.

I just thank God he didn't just jump up and react without thinking.......

And I'm sure all the parents of those children he was reading too are thankful for the way he handled the situation. I know I certainly would have been had I had a child in that classroom.

Karan

5. Mikey

Mikey Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm with you on that Karan, sad thing is tho, is if he had done something that others said he should have done, everyone would have said that he overreacted.

I will admit he isn't perfect, but who on Earth is, I know I'm not, heck I'm probably the furthest thing from it.

6. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I couldn't have said it better myself, Mikey.

Karan

7. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Check your inbox Liz.

Michelle

8. Mikey

Mikey Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Uh oh, I must be in big trouble :D

9. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  10. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would hardly classify "around 100 people" in Mexico City, the world's most populated city, as a voice of the Mexican people.

As for the popular vote...perhaps they should rewrite the election process. We possibly could be in the same scenario this time around as well...hopefully not, no matter who wins. Who knows how long the process will take if it comes down to the House of Representatives deciding the election.

With that I must get some sleep. I bid you all good luck with the candidate of your choice and again hope for a result that is without question. Although I am not very optimistic as the Dems have already filed nine lawsuits in the state of Florida before the election.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice