Cancuncare US Election

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Steve, Oct 27, 2004.

?

Cancuncare US Election

1. I'm from the US I vote Bush

100.0%
  2. I'm from the US I vote Kerry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'm from outside the US but I'd vote Bush

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'm from outside the US but I'd vote Kerry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dori

Dori Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks zibby...you put into words what I wanted to. I understood it also...and took it in the way of if you can't figure out this easy simple contraption...you havedn't the sense to vote. I heard NOTHING about race...please lets not turn this into a racial issue....I did not take it as mentally challenged people couldn't vote either....Yes they MAY have the right...but if they are so challenged that they do not understand most of what's going on around them...then why would you want them to anyway? After all...it might be one of the deciding votes there....My grandmother was registered too...but you know what ...in the last year of her life she didn't know her own name most of the time....WHY would I want her to play a part in choosing OUR president of the future? Just because we all HAVE the right...does NOT mean EVERYONE should exercise it.

2. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Liz hit it on the head...if people are confused, the poll workers should assist those with questions and make sure that they are voting for the individual that they want.

I read Mikey's post as if he was commenting on the changes made to the voting machines. Others however saw it as a derogatory comment to those people who unfortunately made mistakes last time or are voting against the candidate of their choice. I don't think that was the case at all.

Besides, both parties have confused voters at the polls on any given election day that might pull the wrong lever, push the wrong button, or poke the wrong hole. Not just one.

3. Dori

Dori Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok...to clear the air...I do agree that those who may not understand the process...first timers or elderly or whatever the case may be DO deserve help....but I did read into the part about "EVERYONE no matter their skin color or mental limitations should be able to vote" I'm mearly stating that there are cases out there...probably in the hundreds of thousands that are the extream. But I saw nothing in his post about race or the mentally challenged...whether it be the extream or not.

4. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm not sure who "others" is suppose to mean, I assume me & Sparkey, but I took the statement for exactly what it says...no more no less.

I stand by my statement as well. I meant exactly what I said.

Michelle

5. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When I saw this, it reminded me of Bill Clinton. He came out initially and said that he had a plan that would take more than four years. He did get re-elected and for the most part completed what he had said that he would do. He made mistakes as well, but I was impressed that he actually came out from the start and said that he would need more than one term to complete some of his plans and policies (be they good or bad).

I have no problems admitting that I did not vote for him originally (1992) but did the following election because I liked what he had done in his first term, with a few exceptions.

6. girlfortony

girlfortony Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Nothing like a nice dose of political views to get you going in the morning. But, hey, it is a democracy and that is the great thing about living here, you can say exactly what you feel, and don't have to worry about someone showing up at your door to take you to jail.
    God bless America!! (oh, and all the other countries too :wink: )

7. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Michelle, I keep forgetting that you are an attorney! :lol: What is it? Say what you mean, mean what you say!

I see a lot of similarities with these posts and the last minute comments by both candidates. Good stuff!

8. Mikey

Mikey Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am not aware of how it is in other states, but here in Texas they also use driver's license for getting a pool of possible jury members.

It is really sad that people will do everything in thier power to get out of jury duty. I myself find it very interesting. My first time to be called in many years (back in 2000) I wanted to be picked for a jury, I wasn't picked but I was able to sit in on the procedings, it was just a simple thing to where they read a coule of things (sorry Normskid, I can't think on what it was called).

A couple of years later I was picked to be on a jury. It was a mind opening experiance.

9. LeahN47

LeahN47 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Last time I voted, it was so unorganized. My parents live in a small town and you vote at a small church. So people were standing around discussing the ballots and talkingabout whom they were going to vote for. It was my first time voting so if I had a question since we were just sitting on church benches, I could ask my dad. I know your not supposed to do that but there were no private voting areas and I had not done my research on Local Canidates.. I am sure this is a common thing in smaller towns as I know several other people from other small towns and they say they have the same situation. I dont vote a straight ballot but I do mostly stick to my party.

10. Mikey

Mikey Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Believe it or not I will be glad when the US election is over.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice