Cancuncare US Election

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Steve, Oct 27, 2004.

?

Cancuncare US Election

1. I'm from the US I vote Bush

100.0%
  2. I'm from the US I vote Kerry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'm from outside the US but I'd vote Bush

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'm from outside the US but I'd vote Kerry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mikey

Mikey Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have only voted straight ticket once, since then I have voted on who I thought would do the job the best, yes I have voted for democrats (not for president tho). To be exact I voted for a couple of Democratic candidates in some of the races.

Maybe someone should be the judge. So who in your opinion should vote?

Saddam ruined the country he took over by cheating, killing and just down right being nasty. Hum, maybe we should just let Saddam back into power so he can go back to his ways and then maybe one day he will destablize the region and then we will have more and more attacks.

When the day comes up to where Iraq is stabalized better I want to go over there and see the history that the country has to offer. I have thought about getting a job with Halliburton to go over there.

2. Liz

Liz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mikey, Everyone this means Everyone regardless of their skin color, physical and mental limitations and anyone who is 18 and over has right to vote. If they cannot understand how to vote in a voting system that is confusing to them than they should use the help that is available to them.

3. DavidJr

DavidJr Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What irks me this election is peoples hatred. You ask people why they are voting and its "because I hate Bush/Kerry." Thinking like that is just wrong, they need to know what the person stands for, not just that they hate the other guy. Sadly, I feel that is what will win the election. Mis-informed voters should not vote just because they can. We are lucky to be able to vote and should take pride in it, and thus by doing so electing the people we feel right for the job. That is what voting is all about and this election that has been thrown out the windown by both parties.

That being said, Im not voting straight ticket although I am registered Republican because there is a couple things here in CO that are just plain bass akwards.

4. Mikey

Mikey Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I do happen to know the rules and regulations for voting, or at least what they taught me in school. It is set up like that to give everyone who is willing the chance. I personally, if I am not able to comprehend what is going on I don't want someone voting for me on my behalf, since I wouldn't know the differance.

Changing gears a little bit, I will say that whoever doesn't vote, should not complain on how the country is run. I have know quite a few people who talk about how this and that is going on in the gov't and then I ask "did you vote" and I say "why?" and then they make up and excuse and I come back and say "If you don't vote, you have no reason to complain". I have gotten a few people to vote in the next election after that.

5. Liz

Liz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mikey, you are right I have had people tell me they are not voting because they do not want to do jury duty. This will be my first straight ticket vote since it is only my second time voting. Im so excited to vote!

6. DavidJr

DavidJr Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its my 2nd presidential election also. I am looking forward to it.

However, I was unaware of the not having to do jury duty thing. So, you are telling me that if Im not registered to vote then I dont have to do jury duty either.....hmm, maybe Ill just not register until the deadline from now on, hahaha, lol, j/k.

7. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's a good thing that you aren't the one who actually decides who can vote or not.

Michelle

8. Sparkey

Sparkey Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was thinking the same thing.

9. Dori

Dori Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :bash: Mikey...they're beating you up honey!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

10. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Only you hard core liberals out there would interpret this as a "moral". :lol:

It's everybody's duty to vote, just as it is to serve as a juror if selected to do so. That's called civic duty folks. To use the excuse "I'm not voting in order to not serve on jury duty" is nothing more than hypocrisy. And don't even get me going on straight ticket voting.

Mikey. I understood your post!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice