cancuncare/saggy bottom new orleans reunion october 2011

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by diamondheaded, Nov 15, 2010.

1. legs2there

legs2there Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

We know how you feel.... We are booked from Thursday til the Monday.... See you Thursday for drinks......(Well we will have to prepare our liver for the weekend...LOL)

2. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    awesome with all the new bookings guys. rick/faye can you forward me an email for them and names :announce:so i can keep them posted as we start a big canadian v. american v. texan challenge effective tomorrow morning -

btw

looks like all the great rates for the rooms on thursday night and sunday night are now completed filled............as expected..........you can still get these rooms on these nights just not at the discounted rate - should you book these rooms please let them know regardless that you are with the make a wish reunion as 10 percent of our groups bookings at the monteleone will go directly to the charity

there are still a few rooms left for saturday and friday night - but today is the last day to book those rooms at the discounted rate.

its not too late to get the great rate - but it will be tomorrow

getting close now guys and more and more things are coming together -

looks like the parade will end up being well over 100 people - and probably closer to 200 when its all said and done

.........so start looking for your costumes today (t's came in yesterday) and dont skimp guys - go all out - you will be in a parade and there will be media coverage - you are going to want to look your best for this

everyone is dressing in fairytale and storybook character outfits - its going to be nuts!!!!!!!!!!

rob

further note: should anyone decide to cancel please please please contact me first as we have others wanting your rooms and i dont want to lose that great rate for those people so going forward guys -call me should you need to cancel for any reason :)

3. B & B

B & B Guru Registered Member

The Hub of the Niagara Pennisula, Ontario
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hey Rob

Re: the number of Canadians

You have said 19 in an earlier post, I am trying to figure them out and keep coming up short, Rick and Faye have added another 2 so we are 21.

Here is my count

B & B + 9 others (including B and H) = 11
    Rick and Faye + 2 others = 4
    James and Leanne = 2

Ontario = 17

Bonez = 2 = 19

With the 2 recent additions by Rick and Faye we are at 19, but your earlier post on June 14th didn't account for Rick and Fayes friends so we are 21, who is the other 2?

Thanks

4. B & B

B & B Guru Registered Member

The Hub of the Niagara Pennisula, Ontario
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Jim

Fabulous to hear you are joining us.

5. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Thank you, I am looking forward to meeting every one and having a great time... Ive never been to New Orleans, so im looking forward to seeing the city and trying the food etc and praying that I will be able to remember of it, come weekends end lol

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  6. diamondheaded

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    the bad news

there are no more rooms available under the contract,,,,,, the date for the booking rooms has expired and as expected all were taken - between the canadians, americans, texans, cancuncarians, saggy bottoms, locals and infidels..........we have 76 people booked at the hotel monteleone

the good news

you can still join us - its not too late to book.....but the montelone will be sold out well in advacne of that weekend......so be aware of this........also be aware that the closer we get to that weekend the more the rates will go up....but that is not all bad as the hotel is donating ten percent of our groups booking revenue on the that weekend towards the make a wish foundation - just tell them when you book that you are with the make a wish group

we are also still expecting the parade total at well over 100 as local particpation is expected to increase as we get closer and local media coverage takes place.

the best

rob

"When my times up, I'll hold my own
    You won't find me in an old folks home"

from the song you got that right by lynyrd skynyrd

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  7. diamondheaded

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    bob i was never that good with math

:)

rob

"Want some whiskey in your water
    Sugar in your tea
    What's all these crazy questions they askin' me
    This is the craziest party there could ever be
    "

from the song mama told me not to come by three dog night

8. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Rob,
    Please be aware, now that I am invested, I am going to make sure the americans win the tournament, I have just hooked up with leaguelineup.com, and I am going to try to do tournaments all across the USA if I can, I am planning a softball tournament in New York, a Coed and a mens tournaments, with ALL the proceeds going to the make a wish foundation... I May have come on late, but I think I can bring up the rear with this one....anyone in the northeast that thinks they can put a tournament together or needs help putting one together, let me know, I will personally help every one that wants to do a softball tournament for this cause, put it together...
    jimrushmore@yahoo.com
    518-653-3264
    Lets win this America, theres nothing like making a wish for a well deserved child, and it will feel even better when we can say we donated the most... Call me, text me, visit me, lets get something going northeast.
    Jim

9. diamondheaded

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    nice jim you beat me to the punch :)

love it!!!

ill share with all our details for the fund raising effort between the canadians v. americans v. texans

at this time of the year there is a ton of national pride talk so with the big reunion coming up and all.....we figured a little donation challenge would be in order to see which group can raise the most money and talk the loudest over the next few months as we get closer to the reunion date in october.

for the months of july, august, and september we are going to have a little friendly competition to see which group can raise the most money for the make a wish foundation for our big party/reunion this coming october

now

will do something special for the winning group (those coming to new orleans for the weekend long extravaganza) and of course and they will get special recognition at the pre-parade party in front of the media before we hand over the big check so lets really bust it hard these next few months and see which group can truly speak the loudest.

this donation count and competiton is only good for the months of july, august and september.

we will update this each month so that each group can see where they stand in the competition.

of course the normal individual/couple donation contest competiton will continue as well, but thought this might be a fun friendly competition to see which group can do the best job.

will the texans be BIG like TEXANS are?
    will the americans rise to the occasion?
    or will the canadians ice over both of them?

competition starts today and ends on september 30

basic rules are

the donations have to come directly or indirectly through those actually going to new orleans or their friends (like friends here on cancuncare - one of the weekend sponsors)

and the check must be made out to the make a wish foundation of the texas gulf coast and louisiana in order to qualify (as this is the local charity which we are supporting as this is where the party is)

and most importantly the check must have make a wish reunion written on it and the team (either texas, america, or canada) name written on it in order to count for that team.

simple enough huh?

you can collect from fellow texans, americans, or canadians as you like and here is a great site with ideas for you to use.

http://www.fundraiserinsight.org/ideas/

i should also point out that tons of free money can be collected for your team via company matching donations - guys its free money and a large number of companies do this. they will match what you give. some will often double your contribution - so please look into this

for those in canada feel free to forward to me your donations on a monthly basis and i will make sure it gets to the make a wish founation in new orleans for your group and that your team gets the credit.....or if you like work it out with bobby and harold as i think they have dual citizenship and they can do it

will update each month on which group is in the lead

again 100 percent goes directly to a charity that routinely uses over 93% of the money they take in towards granting the wishes of children with life threatening conditions

may the best nation win!

here are the nations/teams as of today

texans - 25
    rob/t
    tab/dan
    jill
    krista/colton
    mark e. mark
    jenny/rick
    brian/eva
    brandy/1 adam 12
    kato
    april showers
    brenda/kirby
    pops/lisa
    melinda
    stephen/kendra
    tiny tim/april 2

canadians - 19
    james/lee
    bob/barb
    rick/faye
    rick/faye friends
    terry/cindy
    russell
    rick
    kim
    dianne
    kelly
    bobby/harold
    brad/brenda

americans 25
    donna/john
    jody/dianne
    ed
    george
    dwayne
    richard/pam
    stuart/sondra
    tmac/kat
    matt/dina
    bart/annette
    justine/moose
    dianne/husband
    marty/tracey
    jim/guest

rob

"Now every time, every place, everywhere we go
    Hoes start pointin - they say, "There he go!"

from the song big pimp'n by jay-z

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  10. diamondheaded

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    okay guys the big parade is going to have everyone decked out as fairytale storybook characters and such and now is the time to start looking

a few ideas

[​IMG]

i call this one hansel and gretel
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice