Cancuncare Party Sunday 18th March ***CONFIRMED***

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The $35 charge is just for Carlos and Charlies.

2. JaguarMan

JaguarMan Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm up for the party it's better for me this way as I only get in at about 3pm on Sun so gives me time to get sorted. I like the idea of a bar crawl after C&C

3. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah sound slike it shall be fun! Everyone make sure to rpint out all of the party info and stick it in your suitcases!

4. footballchick58

footballchick58 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    party on the 18th

I have to agree with champ, I was hoping for a boat cruise

Thanks so much for organizing this party Steve, However I am most likely not going to show up......I will hang at BBG for the evening enjoy the adult entertainment they will have for us & then head out to whatever bar the crew from BBG will be going......

I'm in Cancun from th 17th until the March 30th is the last evening I will be partying. If you organize a cruise during that time period I would most likely be into that type of evening..........It would be awesome to meet you, However if I don't Thanks again Steve for organizing parties & creating a Board that we all can share our experiences.

Cheers
    Happy Spring Break
    Karen

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    The cruise last Sunday we had 61 people say they were coming and 6 maybes, slightly over 50% turned up, just 35 people.

I'd have organised a cruise for the 18th if we had a realistic chance of making the numbers. The idea has been around for six weeks or so and yet we still only had 26 people I think it was who said they were definites. Champs big group of 19 might have made all the difference, but he never confirmed attendance as far as I know and even then relying on a single large group is very risky.

Please remember, there is an element of financial risk I have to take on these decisions. For this kind of cruise we have to pay for 35 people regardless of how many show up and we just scraped by last week. There are staff to be paid, gas and booze to be bought and especially the boat is hired in, if we are using it someone else is not. And if we dont use it and have hired it we still have to pay for it.

With only 26 definites for the 18th even if all show up (which would be a miracle if it happened) I'd still have 9 more people to pay for myself. If we got just over 50% of the people actually show like last week we'd be looking at 15 people leaving me to pay for 20. If anyone wants to offer $1,000 as non refundable insurance to guarantee these go ahead then please let me know. But I cant afford to take the risk :wink:

The Carlos n Charlies alternative has no risk for me as I do not have to guarantee a minimum number of people. It is a way to try and provide a co-ordinated meeting place for all, and of course attendance is not compulsory!

6. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for always doing your best, Steve.. This site is wonderful, and i'd be lost without it...

7. punkman23

punkman23 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    see you there steve

8. thechamp713

thechamp713 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I fully understand Steve's position, in his shoe's I'd do the same.

Just to clear things up, I could not commit all 18 guys because after the first night, it's a free for all. I have no idea who's going to get K.O'd, find woman at other resorts, etc. Therefore, it wouldn't be fair to Steve commit 18 people.

As well, The male to female ratio would be 10:1 for the boat cruise. No man alive could have fun with that ratio, unless of course it was a fishing trip.

Having said all that, My group and I are going to meet Apple/Dream and friend on Saturday night at Pat O'Briens, all are welcome.

9. Knakrd

Knakrd Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I too was hoping for a booze criuse. Unfortunately my computer has been downfor a couple of weeks, just back up yesterday, unable to commit to either option for the 18th.
    I have done the pub crawls before, enjoyable, but will have to pass on the 18th party.
    I fully appreciate your situation Steve on the numbers required to at best break even for booze criuses. No bloody fun being out of pocket !
    Like footballchick58 I wish to thank you for organising things for our enjoyment whilst in Cancun.
    I`m also there until the 31st, hopefully something can be arranged for the 24th-30th week.

Knakrd.

10. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Everyone have fun tonight!!! Take loads of pics!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice