Cancun Vs Panama??

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by SB2010, Sep 17, 2009.

1. SB2010

SB2010 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My friends and I are looking into SB 10. Our week is March 27th- April 3rd, which is a later then usual. We went to Panama City last year during peak weak and it was awesome..

A couple quesitons...

How is cancun during this week? And how is Cancun compared to panama city..? Was wondering how some things were in comparison such as beaches during the day and clubs at night?

2. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ive been to both recent years I would rate Panamas beach in the day 9.5/10 its an awesome atmosphere and theres litterally 100,000s on that beach im sure. Where as at night i would say the clubs i would only rate about 7/10 theres not enough, where as Cancun theres several huge places all you can drink rammed with people and huge shows literally above your head. So i would say cancun edges it with its amazing nightlife and the Oasis Cancun isnt half bad during the daytime and with the free drinks again! if you have the extra cash do Cancun 100% and its always nice to get out of the country too. But either way its awesome. Cancun weather is more consistant its always the hii 70s and 80s. Where as Panama city it can drop coolish although i never experienced this was hot when i went but the following week from me was stormy as hell.

3. Nerd Dawg

Nerd Dawg I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think for the most part what trigger said is accurate, as I have been to both as well.

Cancun Advantages
    - All inclusive food, drinks at hotel
    - Warmer weather
    - Clubs seem to have more "space" inside them
    - More international people
    - Plenty of girls, contests, and drinks
    -Booze cruise
    -Cancuncare meet and greet
    - Clubs are all inclusive, meaning you pay $50 USD and get unlimited drinks, dont forget to tip though

-There isnt as much traffic as there is with "the strip" in Panama
    -Riding the bus instead of taxi's in panama
    MTV here/ great concerts (depending on how you like MTV)

Cancun Disadvantages
    -More expensive than Panama
    -If you get in trouble and go to jail... uh oh
    -The Oasis Cancun is the party hotel, but the rooms arent very "nice" if you would.. have heard story's of people not getting hot water etc...
    -Food at the all inclusive is not the best (gotta eat at slices and dominos)
    - The drinks are watered down at the hotel and probably the clubs
    - Fat tuesdays is gone
    -MTV here/ great concerts (depending non how you like MTV)
    -Majority of hotels require armband (or you can pay $$$ to have the person check into the hotel with you)

Panama Advantages
    - Beach party's during the day
    -Huge beach bash behind spinnaker's
    -A lot of souther girls from GA, LA all those states
    - Walmart. Go there in the morning you will be shocked at what you see
    - Adventures of driving down (if you like to drive)
    - The Panamaniac cards (you should know what im talking about if you been there)
    -MTV here also, plenty of concerts as well
    -Can ride in a limo fairly cheap
    -Clubs are pretty awesome, and during the day there are beach party's

Panam Disadvantages
    -Drive back
    - Weather is a lot colder than Cancun
    -No bus services like cancun
    -Not as many international people
    -Most hotels require armband

-I cant really think of any other disadvantages at the momment but im sure there are plenty more and this is the longest post i have written that is not related to pizza, so im exhausted and must now stop.

4. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Panama City has great beach parties during the day. But at nite its really nothing compared to Cancun. Maybe its just me but back in the day when I was a Spring Break regular it always seemed like Panama City just had more tools running around on avg.. Plus being 21 to drink also curbs some of the fun factor in general. Maybe that you can drive there also seemed to drag out a little more of the tool factor(whatever word you want to use, but you get the idea). Like the others said the weather may not always be that great. In fact usually isn't that warm overall.

Cancun you really can't go wrong. Beach parties aren't as crazy as Panama City but the clubs at nite just kill in comparison. Smaller bars in Cancun can also be a blast during the day. Every college student can drink and let go in Cancun with minimal worries of the law enforcement so people tend to get a little more wilder I noticed.

Bottom line in it all is you can't go wrong. If you head to Cancun just book the cheapest the All-Inclusive place you can in the hotel zone. Hop on the right deal and its cheaper or not much more then a true week in Panama City. Not too mention any time in Cancun is a freaking blast. So if you miss peak week or even go a month early or later your fine as the party never stops in Cancun.

Nick and Renee

5. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Put it this way. I went to Panama City once and was done with that. I went to Cancun once and has been every year since.

6. AJ0527

AJ0527 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yea you've been knocking and stratching at my sister front door every since.

Can you really compared to the two? I think they are both on different level. It's like comparing Chubby (dennis) to me (sweetness) :). In other words apples and oranges.

7. ChadD

ChadD Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Or in other words, watermelons to bananas. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice