Cancun vs Acapulco

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by silver3901, Jul 22, 2008.

1. silver3901

silver3901 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Which ones the best? looking on student citys website it looks like they are promoting acapulco a little more. And also seeing its the best spot in mexico?
    any1 ever been to both?

2. Franco27

Franco27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yeah mate i went to acapulco last year, and cancun a few times before that! I have to say Cancun is my preference, although each has its plus and minus points.

Acupulco is more mexican and you get alot of mexican tourists going there (the women are quite fit :wink: ), so you get geniune food which is a big plus in my books, there is also alot of stuff to do after the clubs (strip clubs etc.)! The place is a bit more classy, they like you to dress up for clubs rather than turn up in flipflops and shorts which i never got used to in cancun. And the music is better as well, if you like it more trancy that is! Personally i had a great time over there, and I think everyone should give it a go BUT cancun is the kind of place you can go back to over and over, Acapulco isn't really and the women in Cancun are nicer and more friendly.

Oh one massive plus in my books is that you dont have to tip every bloody barman you see in order to get a drink, you pretty much pay your $40 on the door and thats your lot!

But like i said, Cancun is my preference.

3. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Studentcity isn't pumping one over another.........the switch of their ads every few weeks for featured destinations. The clubs in acapulco are a bit smaller than in cancun, which to me is a turn off. With that said, their ocean and beaches dont even compare to cancun, even with cancuns beaches getting smaller by the day, they still blow acapluco away. Stick with cancun!

4. Franco27

Franco27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    oh yeah forgot about the beaches, they are better in Cancun

5. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    CANCUN! CANCUN! CANCUN!

6. mormis

mormis I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i used to go twice a year to Acapulco before living here... a plus is that is less expensive... its not like its cheap but its not as expensive as cancun, and yeah, there is more mexican tourism there at all times in the year... its easier and cheaper to drive to Acapulco than to Cancun...

im going back to Acapulco in November... it seems i just cant dump it hahahaha

:bounce:

7. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Never been looks more like a big city though

8. mormis

mormis I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    its not really that big... but its def. bigger than cancun... the worst part of this is that you get to see like the poor part of Acapulco as soon as the hotel zone is over... its a really really poor city in fact :S

9. Tips The Cancun Legend

Tips The Cancun Legend Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can only comment on Cancun. I went in 07 for 7 nights with my friend and went back in 08 on my own for 2 weeks. That's all I have to say! lol

10. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I hear ALC, is a little skechier than Cancun. The Hotels are more up and down like apartment buildings, and the beaches aren't as nice. But I heard some clubs can be much cheaper than cancun?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice