Cancun visitors per year in numbers??

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by EngineerGuy, Dec 21, 2007.

1. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Anyone know a site to see on average, the amount of people there. Im especially looking for spring breakers in 2007?? numbers wise as far as how many came.

2. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    HI, Jason.

Mark Twain wrote that "there are 3 kinds of lies: lies, damn lies and statistics."

That being said, and knowing that figures don't lie but liars can figure, my very own S.W.A.G. is that about 25,000 springbreakers came to Cancun last year during the 6-week period.

It has been going down since its peak about 6 years agao when about 120,000 showed up. Reasons vary for the decline--everything from other destinations promoting the market, the springbreakers themselves getting tired of Cancun, hotels raising prices,etc.

I have some numbers from the papers filed somehwere and will look for them---not that they are anymore reliable than my own failing memory.
    Jimincancun from Ft. Wayne.

3. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    lol from ft. wayne huh? Im living here and let me tell ya, ft. wayne likely hasnt changed much since you last visited! Except the snow amounts lol

4. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am sure it hasn't changed much and I am sure not upset that I am spending my 20th New Year's Eve here in cancun instead of there!!
    Happy New Year!!

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mexican Immigration Stats are here:
    http://www.inm.gob.mx/paginas/710000.htm

You can find general info about how many foreigners entered through the Cancun airport on the INM site. Unfortunately the web site is poorly designed and throws a lot of page not found errors.

According to people I know in immigration about 2/3 of the foreigners entering Mexico through the Cancun airport lately are heading south to the Riviera Maya, and about 1/3 report that they are staying in Cancun.

For the year or so after Wilma 9 out of every 10 foreigners entering through the Cancun airport was going to the Riviera Maya. But now Cancun is rebounding some and a larger percentage of the foreigners are staying in Cancun.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice