Cancun to Mexico City

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Rubble2240, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Rubble2240

Rubble2240 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is it possible to take an overnight side trip to Mexico City from Cancun? How would one go about looking into this?

2. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've done it a couple times. Just book a flight online. I've used a couple different airlines, but Mexicana is the one I've used most.

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is hot off the press. My g/f is in Mexico City now and I got the tickets for her.

Absolutely the cheapest way to get there is on Interjet (1st choice) or Volaris (2nd). I booked Interjet for $1,800 Mxn which is about $170 US. The trick is to go into Toluca, which is about 25 miles from Mexico City and the taxis from the airport are regulated and you can see your fare by zones. And reasonable by anyone's standards. Don't be scard of the distance as the Mexico City airport is about 8 miles east of the middle of the city and the Toluca airport is about 8 miles TOWARDS Mexicco City from the middle of that city. I may be off on the distances but not on the directions and the ease of getting into D.F. from Toluca.

The flight is right at 2 hours each way.

I have probably made this trip 8 or 10 times in the last 3 years and it's a no brainer.

Send me a PM if you want recommendations on hotels, transportation, theater, shopping or whatever, around Mexico City, more widely called D.F. for Disrito Federal, pronounced Day - F - A (long A)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice