Cancun to Cozumel???

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by waterbug, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Kenny Log-in

Kenny Log-in Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I JUST returned from an awesome trip to Cancun and surrounding areas. The 45 minute bus ride down to Playa was fine. Returning though, the Federales had set up a checkpoint, and our return bus ride at 5PM took OVER 2 and a half hours!! They funneled all traffic to ONE lane and stopped every vehicle. The check point the next day was checking traffic both ways. Plan accordingly if the checkpoint is still in place. There was NO announcement on the bus so this was a total surprise to me, and I did miss an appointment. The only small glitch in an excellent vacation.

2. stevesteve

stevesteve Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    "Is it worth it?"

I just joined. Hi to everyone from a Cancun enthusiast.

Snorkling in Cozumel is second to none (at least for me). You HAVE TO try it. They took us to this place where the bottom of ocean was covered with silvery fish, like a carpet. Very very amazing. I have snorkled all around Cancun but nothing like Cozumel.

3. Kenny Log-in

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I did catch the EARLY bus down. I was in Playa by 730 AM, and on Coz By 830. On a snorkel tour by 10AM. Worth it?? Hell yes. The snorkeling was fantastic. 3 reefs, about 45 minutes each, only 30 USD + tip. Glass bottom boat with all the gear and a fantastic guide. I ate lunch and took a second snorkel tour to different reef areas. Back for plenty of shopping and exploring.

4. stevesteve

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow, cool. I miss the place now. Glad you liked it.

5. cindyinmpls

cindyinmpls Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kenny Log-in..what tour company

did you use in Cozumel. We are taking a day trip as well and were just going to hang out at Mr Sanchos for several hours; and then shop. But we love to snorkel and have only done so in Cancun,Isla, and Puerto Morelos. Have always wanted to snorkel where the views are spectacular. We have a few non snorkelers so the glass bottom boat would be good too.

6. stevesteve

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: Kenny Log-in..what tour company

That part is chopped off, I don't know what it means.

But in any case, we spent about 2+ hours snorkling. There are plenty of operators, and I don't have an opinion on it. Then you can hang out in town (a tourist trap) or take scooter and see the island. I did not do the scooters.

Despite being a tourist trap, it is a lovely town, so I would go there early.

7. Kenny Log-in

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: Kenny Log-in..what tour company

Not sure shat the name was, but they were the glass bottoms, booth was the first on the left shen you cross the street off the ferry pier, straight across. Guy named Rene helped me out. first tour left at ten, if any of this helps.
    I was booked for an 11 oclock, but wanted the ten oclock. I went shopping around town, and somehow, Rene FOUND ME a few blocks away, and yelled my name, telling me to hurry cuz he got me on the 10 oclock trip. Sooo impressed with some of the Mexican people.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice