Cancun Shark Attack

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by TraceyUk, Jan 31, 2011.

1. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was in the HZ and walked the beach from Dreams to Gran Caribe today. I could seriously count the amount of ppl in the Ocean on both hands. The odds were very very slim, but if it's true, I am shocked. And today was the first day since Monday that they allowed ppl to go in... and most resorts seemed to have kept the ban in place. Again, I am shocked since I was there from noon to 3:30.

2. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  3. KTDLP

KTDLP Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There's defiantly not anything in the news about it. It was on 105.1 at 8PM.

4. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Seems like baiting to me (no pun intended).. the "Mexican Media" didn't blame the attack on the lady that was bitten they simply reported an opinion (God forbid).. and keep in mind I'm the last person to defend Mexican media's garbage since I know from experience that 99% of it is total crapolie... but the Canadian press picking up on and trying to make something out of local press reports (to start a fight and increase anti-Mexican sentiment) speaks to their anti-Mexico agenda IMHO. I wasn't there nor do I really give a hoot what any "witnesses" or "experts" have to say, but I think everyone will agree it's and incredibly extraordinary thing that happened, and hopefully the lady involved will be able to make a full recovery. It won't stop me from getting in the water for one millisecond as I'm smart enough to realize if I arrived at the beach without crashing the most dangerous part of my journey is probably over. People should be a lot more worried about a sudden heart attack or stroke than any sharks...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2011
  5. pocodinero

pocodinero Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The pictures were in the local Cancun newspaper today (front page). It is amazing how big of a chuck of her leg is missing. Looks like most of the thigh is gone. Hard to imagine what happened to the lady until you see the pictures.

6. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0
  7. LTL

LTL Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  8. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Saw that pic first thing this morning and it has stuck with me all day. Incredible! At least she's got a great attitude and a sense of humour. Hope she heals quickly and gets back to her kids!

9. Dangers

Dangers Enthusiast Registered Member

In a Little Cafe on the Other Side of the Border
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    More on the shark attack, this from the woman attacked and her hometown newspaper, the Orangeville Banner:

Bitten by a shark earlier this week, an Orangeville nurse is “recovering well” and eager to get home from Mexico.

“It could have been way worse, so I’m glad with what I’ve got,” said a jovial sounding Nicole Moore (her name was previously reported in error as Nicole Ross) from her hospital bed in Cancun. “Everyone in Mexico has been great and everyone in Canada supportive and wonderful. I’m just waiting to get home.”

More at:
    Orangeville Article: Shark attack victim speaks out

10. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice