Cancun Queen Dinner Cruise

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by rede4cancun, Jul 14, 2007.

1. rede4cancun

rede4cancun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My husband and I will be in Cancun July 22-28!!! :D This will be our 5th trip to Cancun but first time to go alone. We are thinking about the AquaWorld Cancun Queen dinner cruise. We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary while there and thought this might be a nice way to celebrate. Has anyone taken this dinner cruise and have any information to share about this? Or any other suggestions would be great! We have done the Isla day trip - would have rather just stayed on the beautiful beach at the Omni.

I would really appreciate any information about the Cancun Queen or other suggestions! I haven't posted much on this forum before but I truly love reading the comments here and learning so much about Cancun!

2. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I used to work for Aquaworld and have taken that cruise many times.
    It is fun and you get pretty good entertainment and the food is so so, however of all the "Cruises" here (PIrate cruise, Caribbean Cruise, there may be more but those are the only ones I have been on) it would be the best for an anniversary.
    Unfortunatley all of the cruises are aimed at entertainment not romance.
    The Pirate Cruise is very fun and entertaining, it is focused more on a show and the food is pretty good (Go for th lobster)
    The Carridean Cruise takes you to isla Mujeres and is focused totally on partying, the food is well less than so so.
    Either way the Cancun Queen is the best for adults who want a time with themselves.
    Do remember though this is an opinion, a review if you ike.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  4. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    From your previous rant:
    Perhaps you could recommend a cruise where this doesn't happen. For that matter any tour or night out in Cancun where:

a) someone doesn't try to take your picture and then sell it you.
    b) someone doesn't look for a tip

Because if there is one, I've yet to discover it.

Like it or not, that is how Cancun operates and there's no getting away from it. Sometimes your 'knowledge' of Cancun baffles me.

6. bncancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ROFL,
    Steve is so correct.
    Rule one if you don't want people to try and take your photo and sell it to you don't leave your Hotel room. I live here and everytime I go to a club, bar or even a resteraunt I get mine taken. It's like the old saying when they if you want to buy "Just say No"
    Second Rule; Hell yeah they are going to ask for a tip, (Propina) How do you think we make a living. There are tip jars everywhere (By the way I have seen them all over in Tourist areas all over the world, including Canada). Beides what's wrong with asking for a tip since obviously you don't leave one on the table. Cheap tourists get cheap service. :cool:

7. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nao, I have to agree with Brian.

I know very well you are a generous person, but not everyone is alike. I work as a tourist guide, and believe me (I think you know it) the "salaries" are very very low. We also go around to ask for a tip and we, the guides, explain to the tourists what the situation is. If we didn't, many of them wouldn't even think about the tip. It is not like in a restaurant where, actually, many times, the tip is included in the bill. Which I find unacceptable, it should represent your satisfaction. If not, the client always think about it. On our tours, it is different. Please, don't be shocked. The tourism business mostly live with it. You can always become blind or very busy where they come in front of you :wink:

About the picture, yes, there is their way of living too, but I don't think anyone ever put a knife on your throat to force you to buy. On our tours, the photographer shows the picture, and the tourist decides.

:D

8. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re the photo, there is a difference between having one's photo taken unawares and one being put in a position to have to pose for a photo in order to continue your progress (and everyone else's) in the process of boarding.

Moreover, there is 'offering' and then there is "offering".
    The "offering" made by this operation to sell you the photo you are coerced into posing for is more like the offering made in the most disagreeable type of timeshare pitches. (I suspect they draw from the same pool of 'talent'.)

Lastly, it's understood that tips are an important portion of the remuneration for most people in these types of businesses. Once again, it's the WAY it's being asked for - i.e. forcing people leave the operation in a single file line past the common tip box such that your choice to leave a tip or not is made public is a form of coercion, and I would always advise staying clear of these types of operations.

What's most unfortunate is that rather than applaud that others will be aware of these particular circumstances and have the opportunity to avoid the most aggregious cases of this kind of behaviour, those that have spoken out in reply here are clearly of the persuation that people should be allowed to fall victim to these types of traps. That is SO very unfortunate.

I repeat to anyone who is considering taking this cruise that my opinion is that you should avoid it for the same reason that you should avoid places that require you to deal with timeshare salesmen - and for the same reason. And I would also view anyone's opinion that says "it's OK because it's all over the place here" as highly suspect and most likely not in your best interest.

9. bncancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Let's see the last time I went to Hooters as soon as I walked in the door they put my son (He is 21) between two Hotters Girls took a photo. Then came to our table, while we were eating, of course flashing their "Hooters" and asked for $20 for the photo.
    Then as we were leaving they had a girl at the door holding a Tip Jar.
    Oh by the way that was in Viginia.

10. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This isn't unique to Cancun.

I went away (within the US) over the 4th and every single tour operated the exact same way in terms of the tips and photos.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice