Cancun Party Zone Hotel

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by thehiddenone, Mar 22, 2009.

1. thehiddenone

thehiddenone Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey,

My gf & I (19yo) are going to Cancun April 12 for 2 weeks, we wanna do a mix of hard partying and excursions. We are looking for a top class to an Elite Hotel, but not an old man’s place :lol: .

We wanna be close to KM16, which I gather is where all the nightlife and partying is located.

There are so many hotels, is there anybody who has local knowledge who can advise on a classy party hotel or a classy hotel close to the party zone?

2. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First KM 16 is not in the party zone. Its a bit further up from it. But not far. As far as your ages be sure you can check in since many hotels require guests to be 21 or over. Also note that it was announced that President Obama will be in Cancun the same time you are planning so the area will be extremely safe for you to travel in.

3. thehiddenone

thehiddenone Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info, I guess Obama being there, might be good and bad..oh well..it remains to be seen!!

4. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I guess, as we've seen in your post about the State Department, that you don't check your facts too well. At KM 16 you are well on your way to the airport, near the Hilton in the south end of the ZH. You wouldn't want to try to walk to Coco Bongo from there. That's a big bit more than a bit. Here's some of the clubs and their locations in the Club Zone:

Coco Bongo Blvd. Kukulkan KM 9.5
    The City Blvd. Kukulcán KM 9.5
    Daddy`O Blvd. Kukulcan KM 9.5

So I guess it's safe to say the heart of the zone is KM 9.5, which is further down from KM 16.

As for the comment about President Obama's presence providing an assurance of safety: Cancun is safe whether the President is here or not. I'm just hoping we don't have the same street closings and barricades to traverse that were put in place down here in the south end when President Bush visited.

5. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mixz1-Where does it say in my post that you can walk there? I said it is a bit further up. I know that it would take about 10-15 minutes or so with the buses to get to the entertainment zone. Chances are the couple is planning on staying at the Hilton or at Crown Paradise.

As for the presidential visit, yes I know Cancun is safe, especially when I have been downtown in the residential areas near Telebodega on the far end of town on my own and walked around late at nights without any issues or worries many times while in Cancun. I think this worry about safety is absurd on the part of everyone about Cancun since unless you cause trouble it will not find you for sure.

As for the traffic gridlock, depends on where the presidents will stay and meet. But if they stay anywhere in the hotel zone, expect the mess you had when Bush was there, if not worse with Obama in town.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice