Cancun Palace reopening postponed

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Jim in Cancun, Dec 13, 2006.

1. vickier

vickier Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It has been two years since I was there and there was a sewer lift station near by that definately had an odor, but even if there is now no odor...I go to Cancun much for the beauitful beach and waves adn Moon Palace just does not have a pretty beach and it is so far from the hotel zone not spots that I do not want to be transferred there. The pool there is awesome however, I could never get a chair by it when I was there.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    One does not go to the Moon Palace for the beach. Peeps head there for the other amenities, however.

3. bridgetteI

bridgetteI Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we stayed at the moon palace 2 years ago and i also was very disapointed with the beach and i do remember an odor i will never stay there again we were to stay at cancun palace feb7 to feb14 but we decided to change from the palace to a brand knew hotel called The Royal cancun good luck with the palace they gave us a choose moon palace or adventure spa we so want to stay near the beach zone

4. JustCher826

JustCher826 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I posted this on the "hotel" board as well...

Getting a little worried about Cancun Palace's renovations. A group of 4 of us are heading to Cancun on 02/21/07-02/28/07. CP is now scheduled to be open 02/14.

I am wondering, is there any guidelines hotels have to follow regarding re-opening? How many amenities need to be available to customers etc?

I read a review of when Sun Palace opened at it only had about 25% of the amenities available. I would just hate to have that happen to us.
    Thanks!

5. cindyinmpls

cindyinmpls Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have been palace members for 8 years and really anticipated the opening of the CP.
    That being said, I am extremely doubtful it would be fully operational even by April.
    I have a contact who lives across the street from the Sands and says the area on Kukulacan Blvd right before during and after the CP is a mess. The residents who own some of those condos and homes on the lagoon side are apparently getting a bit fed up.
    Anyway, I would imagine if they have a place for you to eat, drink, sleep and swim they can justify occupancy. I am sure limited at that, and services would be cut way back. The last thing I want is an unfinished resort with construction going on. Even when fully operational you always here some sort of maintenance going on. Imagine a resort adding 80 more rooms, more amenities, not anywhere ready at this point being operational for occupancy at the standards and prices they are setting.
    Our fingers are crossed but we have booked at a back up resort that we can cancel one week prior to arrival at no charge.

6. JustCher826

JustCher826 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cindy,

Thank you for the information!

I think I am going to bite the fees and cancel CP and book some place else. We are spending a big chunk of $ and I want 100% amenities.

Thanks again!

7. DaveT

DaveT Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I too feel the same way most of you do. Moon Palace is unacceptable to my family members and I. I have stayed there twice and you guys are absolutely right....it has a foul odor, the beach is nasty, and it is a 27 minute drive to the hotel zone. Our reservations for the CP are Feb. 10 - 18. I am too will be calling Palace Resorts on Monday to get another hotel. I am very dissappointed. We have been Palace Premier members for over 12 years.

Dave

8. cindyinmpls

cindyinmpls Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    DaveT
    I agree. I know darn well that the people at WVT in Miami know that when they are booking that there is no way the CP will be open. This is just merely a tatic to book at the MP. For people who have never been to the MP but have been to Cancun probably expect the same beautiful water and beach. No doubt about it...the beach is disgusting and always will be. The resort was cut out of a huge mangrove and pretty much made. There were once hopes that the beach could be turned around but that was some years ago.
    It is a shame that they can book for the CP and disregard the fact that some people save their money for a very long time and figure since it is an "upgraded" resort what do they have to lose?
    If anyone is planning on going to Cancun for the purpose of a white sandy beach with turquoise waters DO NOT stay at the MP. It is an ok resort with a HUGE pool and other nice amenities.
    It is hard to find another comparable AI as the CP, but we chose the Tucancun again. We were there in August and it was not too bad. It is only 1300.00 per room 2 adults during Easter week so less expensive than the CP would be.

9. DaveT

DaveT Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cindy,
    Many people love the Moon Palace. But for people like you and I who love the beautiful blue water, waves, white sand beaches, and fresh breezes...the hotel zone is the only way to go. If the Moon Palace were located in the hotel zone......like would be really good.

DaveT

10. vickier

vickier Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    where did you guys book a reservation where you can cancel one week ahead with no charge? I called numerous times to Miami and emailed also and all they will tell me is it it isn't opened they will transfer us to another resort but they won't tell me where. I have already told them that MP is not acceptable to me.

I am also very concerned that is will be a partial opening and all kinds of construction noise and debris.

I would like to have a fall back but don't have a clue where to stay that will be all inclusive and near the attractions and the beautiful beaches, etc.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice