Cancun Palace Pictures February 19th.

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by mixz1, Feb 19, 2007.

1. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :lurker:

2. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Guys I think we can all understand everyone has their own opinion on things...Let's keep it friendly :lol:

3. vickier

vickier Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had some earlier posts wherein I explained that i was originally booked at the Cancun palace and had to fight with palace resorts to move me to Sun palace. ('which they finally did, thank goodnes)!

I went to Cancun palace today to see for myself and while they have come along way, they are still by no means complete. The amenities are only partially open and the grounds are a mess and the backhoe on the adjacent property is definately an eye sore and very noisy. you look right at it sitting at their pool and while it may technically be on the Marriott property when you go down thir stairs to the beach, it is right on top of you.

I am from the Mississippi coast and we are still trying to rebuild our lives from katrina and 40 foot storm surge that literally wiped our coastline clean from state line to state line and beyond! I am amazed that the area has recovered as well as it has! In Mississippi the recovery is just now beginning. Much of that is due to insurance denials and government indecision on new building codes and flood elevations and the rest is simply the total shock and awe of our residents and inability to believe what has happened to them.

Mexico and it's citizens are to be commended on the remarkable job that they have done. But I can certainly relate...it is absolutely no fun living amidst all of the construction and chaos. After seeing what i have seen at the Cancun Palace, I agree, it appears that the management has had very litttle concern for the effects of their rebuilding on the locals. But at the same time, it is in their best interest to get the renovations and rebuilding done as soon as possible so they can begin making the almighty dollar again. They have certianly moved slower than the other resorts in the area, but then again they had more resorts to get back up and operating.

I am just grateful that i was finally successful in getting moved the the Sun Palace, this resort is much much closer to being fully operational. The only shortfalls are hardly missed and the service and facilities have been first class!

I was most saddened to see that what beach was not eroded by Wilma has been taken up by the renovations of Cancun palace! It is a tragic loss that cannot be forgiven! The beach is just a shadow of it's former glory!!

Good luck in your future recovery...we can learn something from the Mexican people. In fact, if it were not for the Mexican's who have come to the Mississippi Gulf Coast we would not be nearly as far along in our recovery as we are!! Thank God for them, is all I can say!

Vickie from Mississippi Gulf Coast and a Katrina Survivor!!

4. Singer

Singer Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No apoologies here

I guess you missed the entire sentiment of my post. The original post was about being restricted from going to the beach. My purpose of comparing his/her situation to the Gulf coast and other places for the poster to realize how lucky he or she was to still have his or her home. So, go back re-read my post with a thicker skin.

Peace!

5. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: No apoologies here

Actually, I think you need to re-read your post. I'm glad another eyewitness has confirmed what I've described. The intent of my post was to advise people of a possible disappointment with booking at the Palace, along with a continuing commentary on the abuse of the neighborhood by Palace management.

And as I said in my original response to you, don't presume to lecture me on my fortunes unless you come here and share them. Part of the investment in my home was predicated on its proximity to the beach. While convenience to the beach was certainly part of the decision to buy this house, the value of the beach aspect was a major contributing factor. Yes, I can drive to another beach, but I want to recover that part of my investment that this beach represents. Cancun Palace has wrecked the access to the beach and has seriously disturbed the beach itself. And to remind you once again, photographs don't lie.

6. Singer

Singer Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Investment?

To think access to the beach is such a critical part of your life is; unsettling. Investment? I had a sense the original poster had an axe to bear and now investment comes into the picture ( pun intended). Is this "investment" emotional or financial.

Go ahead everyone, attack; I have broad shoulders and I have had my share of setbacks in my life. I choose to go forward , pull up my boot straps and look at the world with a half full glass ; not half empty. You can choose to sit on your pity pot, come on here and push your agenda or you can choose to move ahead.

I stand behind what I said and that's that !

Peace!! :cool:

7. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gosh I think we can all not attack and move on.. :lol:

8. Singer

Singer Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm all for that

whdream,

Well said. Short and sweet. I could not agree with you more.
    Peace!! :cool:

9. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well us Mods are like that :wink:

10. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: Investment?

I am not attacking here :lol: But, if I buy lakefront property, the lake affects quite a few aspects of the property including price, personal value, and demand. If the lake dries up or gets messed up in a construction project, all that disappears.

If I were to move to Cancun, a big reason would be the beach. On top of that I might be willing to pay the premium to live in the hotel zone right on the beach. If the beack was not important to Mix, they would have got a place downtown and saved a bunch of money. I can completely understand the frustration. I have read Mixz1 venting about this before and I understood then also. It must be frustrating in some ways to move to Paradise only to have it full of construction and noise. They paid their money for what they wanted, and now they just want it back to how it should be.

I saw the situation when I was down there last and I agree that the project is an eyesore. Sure, it will be completed eventually, but for now its still happening and affecting residents and tourists alike.

Once again, I am not attacking at all. I see both sides of the coin and agree with some of what both are saying.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice