Cancun Palace...not to open.....AGAIN

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by cindyinmpls, Feb 8, 2007.

1. cindyinmpls

cindyinmpls Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just found out that the cancun palace will not re-open until mid-late February. I can imagine there will be a ton of very mad people with kids as they are sending families to the Moon Palace. The resort is nice but the worse beach of any resort in Cancun or Riviera Maya. This is such a crock of &#*^ that they tell these travellers at the last moment.
    Glad we had the forethought to book elsewhere just in case this happened. You can't tell me the resort has not known for weeks that it would not open with the revised date of Feb 10th.
    If I were booked with a family expecting lots of time on a pretty beach I would demand to stay at another hotel in the HZ. Just my opinion. Being a Palace member it just makes me so angry. We have had to continue to pay yearly membership fees, yet cannot get an honest answer.

2. vickier

vickier Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cancun Palace

Cancun Palace official word is that they will open on FEbruary 14th. If your reservation is after that date they will only transfer you to another resort if you pay the additional fee ($302) for Sun Palace. They cannot guarantee that there will not be construction going on, etc. They say if you are concerned change your reservation to another resort! They could care less whether you are a member or not. I insisted upon talking to a supervisor and was told that the supervisor would tell me the same thing.

Very uncooperative and not at all helpful!

I will do everything I can to discourage folks from doing business with these quys.

I know they cannot control the delays but they need to take care of the folks that have non-fefundable flights and who save all year long for a first class vacationand they need to insure that they can deliver as expected for the price paid.

All I asked was to be transferred to Sun Palace at the same rate. At the time I made the reservation Sun Palace was the same rate as Cancun Palace.

They say if I am unsatisfied when I get there I can talk to the representatives on sight. Yeah, good luck with that! I have tried that before to no avail!!!

I should have booked at another resort when I first learned that they weren't opening till the 10th. I could have gotten a nice resort for even less money with all inclusive! Now those rates are not available!!!

3. fishing_magician

fishing_magician Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    rebook at moon or adventura you won't be sorry......

if you want a certain palace if not under construction and they say they are full, do what we've done both times..... just tell them you want to move to _____ resort instead of staying at this one. Reason is whatever you want it to be. Adventura is the best for relaxing..... if you want nightlife of downtown you can always taxi down and back. They do have a disco on the resort and always hopping. more info if you need it......

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice