Cancun Palace **** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Free

Free Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks so much Dave...Great pictures. Will you post a review on tripadvisor.com?
    The pool looks awesome. :D

2. BSN

BSN Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It is safe, the ice is made w/ purified water also.

3. LiTTLEMiSSJENNA

LiTTLEMiSSJENNA Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    kk good, the last think i need is a stomach bug

4. BSN

BSN Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just make sure you eat only cooked food, peel any fruit if you eat it and if you get a drink from a vendor wipe down the top. If you do get sick, they have a doctor on the property to help out.

5. dedallen

dedallen Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    davet:
    thanks so much for the photos and the updates, we have plans to be there the last weekend in May and cant wait. For those of you who are wondering what took so long...remember this was a storm that remained over the Cancun area for close to 72 hours. My family was there and the experience was unforgetable. If you had any idea of what the devastation was immediatly after the storm, you would understand why it takes time to rebuild!! The experience was incredible especially after seeing what kind of devastation was caused by Katrina; it was AMAZING to see how the locals organized so early on and have been working for well over a year to restore things back to normal...Wilma was wicked, but the locals were cleaning up the grounds at our shelter(Moon Palace) the day after we were allowed out of the secured location.
    So again, DaveT, thanks for the pictures, and your posts. You have us prepared for the best!!!!
    :p

6. BSN

BSN Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hello dedallen, we were there too. We got moved to the ASP for 6 nights until the next wed when we got moved to the moon palace for one night before our flight out. The moon palace looked much worse than the ASP!! We are going back the end of May too, 3rd time since the storm

As soon as the storm was over the employees were out cleaning up debris, standing trees back up, painting, cleaning etc. I never saw anyone with a hand out, everyone worked hard! When we went back the next may we were shocked at how they had rebuilt everything. I talked to some of the employees and they said the cancun palace was 2 floors deep in water, had cars in the lobby and major damage was done. They were actually due to close for renovations anyway. After reading posts on other hotels that opened up w/ sewage leaking, mold damage and cover up repairs I am glad they did a full restoration. The pool was overdue for one anyway.

7. ELLABEAR424

ELLABEAR424 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would just like for everyone to know that when I made the statement "What is taking so long?" I was not implying that people were not working.
    I was asking the question in an anxious kind of way.
    I am really excited about going there this June and I really can't wait to get there.

I have been going to Cancun since 1991 and I lived there for 4 months and I know that the people there are far from being Slackers.

Ellabear424 :D

8. BSN

BSN Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello ellabear, I never thought that. They did take a long while but it looks like they renovated and then some.

How did you get 2 live there for 4 months.

9. dedallen

dedallen Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Ellabear,
    I didnt think that either...It is such a tender subject after living through that disaster...Just wanted folks to have a sense of what the entire area looked like after Wilma....
    I'll be anxiuos to hear about other stays/other pictures(send more DaveT!!!!) :p

10. Cancun "FUN"

Cancun "FUN" Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dave T
    Thank you for the great photos and no dubt you placed us all at ease with your reports. We are arriving on March 29th and no odubt th eresort will be 100% complete by then. Wow, the Cancun Palace looks fantastic compared to the old resort. It now looks like the other Palace Resort. I look forward to other information you provide and additional photos if you have any?

Thanks for taking the time to help us all.

Ralph

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice