Cancun Palace **** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. SEKTOR

SEKTOR Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone, I am trying to get some information/feedback regarding Cancun Palace. All info/input is greatly appreciated.

After reading some reviews, I have the following questions in mind;

1- Cancun Palace does have a "party crew" that arranges night life/clubs towards the late evening (~10 P.M ish) correct ? And if so, Cancun Palace has a dedicated area with bottle service in the club correct ? Ofcourse these are additional services, and I understand that.

2- What is the atmosphere/age group like at the hotel ? As mentioned, we are in our late 20s and appreciate the finer services, unlike what some other cheap hotel offer to much younger guests. But at the same time we would not want to be in an atmosphere with guests on their honeymoon or with a significant age difference.

3- How does the $1500 resort credit work ? I've read the "Terms and Conditions" and it says the following:

"Promotion applies to members with Imperial Weeks, Preferential Rates, participants of the referral Program and Advantage Promotion."

How do I ensure that we are eligible for this promotion ?

4- Is there any sister hotels, that we would have access to ?

All input is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Sektor

2. v1rt

v1rt Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey folks. From Chicago here.

We'll be visiting Mexico for the first time. We're going to Cancun on the 2nd week of June. We'll be staying at GR Caribe Deluxe. However, as I keep on reading forums, the bad experiences weigh more than good.

I did more research and came down to two choices, Cancun Palace and Gran Melia.

Can someone please provide your experiences between these 2 resorts?

Thanks.

Nei

3. Honest_Review

Honest_Review Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Diarrhea

Just returned from Cancun Palace and DO NOT RECOMMEND it. We had close to 30 people in our group and at least 20 of us were very ill with diarrhea for most of the trip. Management claimed that they didn't hear this from anyone else!!!! What a bold faced lie!!

The gift shop could not keep the Amodium, Lomotil, etc. on the shelf for more than a few minutes. Almost every other guest we encountered were having the same problems. This was not an isolated problem. The only way to make 75% of your hotel guests sick is to contaminate the food and/or water with unsanitary conditions.

And the worst part is that the management didn't want to acknowledge the problem or even try to figure out why it was happening.

And aside from the health issues there, the beach is too rough for any type of water activities, the hotel is filled with loud kids, the main pool is a biohazard science experiment, the food is mediocre at best, the indoor activities are severely lacking when it rains, the rooms are way too noisy, the architecture has the appeal of a shoe box, the concierge service is no different than a regular room, there is no such thing as a floor without kids, and the list goes on.

Don't waste your time or your health. Stay somewhere else.

4. cheetah27

cheetah27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We stayed at cancun palace 7/12-7/19 and LOVED IT..amazing Ill try to answer your questions

After reading some reviews, I have the following questions in mind;

1- Cancun Palace does have a "party crew" that arranges night life/clubs towards the late evening (~10 P.M ish) correct ? And if so, Cancun Palace has a dedicated area with bottle service in the club correct ? Ofcourse these are additional services, and I understand that.

Yes They do we went to Coco Bongo with the hotel one night and had a great time The other nights we went out on our own.

2- What is the atmosphere/age group like at the hotel ? As mentioned, we are in our late 20s and appreciate the finer services, unlike what some other cheap hotel offer to much younger guests. But at the same time we would not want to be in an atmosphere with guests on their honeymoon or with a significant age difference.

We was worried about this too, in the past we stayed at not such nice place but the crowd made it ok. well at cancun palace there was a wide variety of people, families, honeymooners, single groups, and couples. We had soo much fun, partied all day and all night. :) They have top shelf alcohol too :)

3- How does the $1500 resort credit work ? I've read the "Terms and Conditions" and it says the following:

"Promotion applies to members with Imperial Weeks, Preferential Rates, participants of the referral Program and Advantage Promotion."

How do I ensure that we are eligible for this promotion ?

We booked with orbitz and just took the print out showing we received 1500 credits. We used it for limo ride, tequila gift set, snorkeling, spa services We didnt use all of our credits but we have done the dolphin swim and the ruins.

4- Is there any sister hotels, that we would have access to ?

Yes you can go to any Palace resorts for the day and use their facilities. Will even give you a hospitality room to shower and get ready for dinner if you have been swimming all day. (if available) in cancun area there is Sun, Beach, Cancun Palace and then riveria maya has Moon Palace. There is also one on Isla mujueres (im sure i didnt spell that right) There was alot of guest at our pool from other resorts and it seemed from what they said Cancun Palace was better. More activities and night life. Hope this helps :)

5. mel in sc

mel in sc Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    We just booked for our 8th stay at Cancun Palace! Will be there December 14-21, 2011!

6. Ben Gaz

Ben Gaz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anymore updates or recent info on Cancun Palace? Still trying to decide between this one or the Beach Palace.

Thanks

7. chucckwilliams

chucckwilliams Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cancun Palace is very resort that is is located 20 minutes from the Cancun airport and 20 minutes from downtown Cancun on a magnificent beach front location near Kukulkan Shopping Center. Live in this luxury resort was best time of life.

8. asiangirl

asiangirl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    Is Cancun Palace the new Hard Rock Cancun Hotel? I will be there for Memorial Day weekend and can't believe all the bad reviews.

9. swopes2

swopes2 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Asiangirl- We stayed there Feb 2012 when they were in the middle of the remodel/transition. It was just fine!
    I take all reviews with a grain of salt and decide our own review after the experience. We were suppose to be there this week for our honeymoon but had to re-schedule for July.

You will enjoy it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice