Cancun Palace **** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Jan13

Jan13 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sandyjoanne,

Are you at the Cancun Palace? If so, how does the beach look?
    Happy Holidays! Jan

2. sandyjoanne

sandyjoanne Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi we are at Cancun Palace now. There is no beach at all. The water come up to the seawall. The red flag is always up. There are not many people here. The 22nd the resort will be full. It is about half fullnow, it is great. They put us on the second floor suite so not very good. We have to go up alot of steps to get to the room. So far everything is great, weather partly cloudy. But alot better than in Michigan, we left we got 8 inches of snow, plane was delayed two hours. Bye Sandy

3. ELLABEAR424

ELLABEAR424 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Yes, I agree! I am in Michigan and I would love to be there right now!!
    Anymore updates? Have fun!

4. sandyjoanne

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cancun Palace

Well we had a great week at the Cancun Palace. When we got there the water was hitting the wall. When we left there was a beach. They put the stairs and hand rail back on. The showers were working. The weather was great, sunny every day, never saw any rain. There were thirteen of us and we had five rooms. Four were on the same floor and near each other. Only one was two floors away. We were on the second floor. I had requested above the 6th, as we were in a suite. They said they did not have one available. So we took it as we were with everyone else any way.
    The kids loved the kids club, the water was very cold though. Othere than that they loved it.
    The pool was great, water warm. Too bad you only have sun until 4pm, as the building takes it away. The resort was not very busy. We got there on the 16th. Detroit had just received 8 inches of snow. The roads were terrible it took over a hour and it is usually 20 minute drive. We all made it to the airport on time. The plane had alot of empty seats so we moved and had alot of room. We left two hours later. As we had to wait to be deiced. All in all, I never thought we would take off with the snow. We made it to Cancun by 4pm.
    We ate at all the resturants, the best being the Italian and worse Mexican.
    The Mexican was because of service, we left after two hours and never got our food. We had a trainee, for 13 and he could not handle all of us. There alot of trainees working.
    The resort was full on the 22nd of Dec. we left 23rd. It was getting busy at the pool and resturants. Having to wait. We never waited before that. Walked right up and got a table for 13. Glad we decided to stay after all.
    We did visit Moon Palace for the day. We sat thru the presentation with Palace Resorts, with another couple and got 8 jungle tours. They enjoyed that. We also did the Isla Mujeres tour. We stayed at the new resort, the resort was empty. We stayed on after the others went shopping. We took a cab to the boat dock at 4:30. The cab was five dollars. I have shopped there before. They had a nice beach for the kids to play on. Some of us went on the snorkeling tour others stayed at the resort.
    Never made it to the Beach Palace. They said it was open on the 14th. But no one was staying there yet.
    Well if you have any questions ask.
    Thanks
    Sandy

5. lisaten

lisaten Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks a bunch Sandy for the update!!! It really is good to hear the latest and to hear an honest opinion. I'm glad you didn't have to move after all. I have a friend from Michigan with two little ones going in February. Was the main pool warm? as in heated? What about the spas on the third floor? Thanks again.

6. sandyjoanne

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    pool

lisaten
    The main pool was heated and warm. When the weather got warmer, the pool was too warm. Because everyone was going in to cool off, the pool was very busy. When we went to dinner at the steak house we put our feet in the water on the third floor. It was a little cool. That was in the evening also.
    Sandy

7. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi is the room service extra? is all food included or is there somethings that cost extra?

8. BSN

BSN Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    All is included. The room service is included once per day. All drinks and food are included. We rarely used room service, but when we did it was pretty quick and pretty good.

9. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    looks like this is where were staying. Seeing we researched others but seems like there is no beach anywhere . so were staying here. should have it paid for in a few days! were super excited! anything we need to know?

10. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    PS. if snyone has photos I could see I would apperciate it.

also would love to see photo's of the kind of food they serve.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice