Cancun Palace **** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Jan13

Jan13 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    DaveT,

Do you have any vacation photos to share with us? Sure hope so!
    Also, did you notice anything new or improved at CP since your trip this past spring?

Thanks, Jan13

2. DaveT

DaveT Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Jan13,
    I did take some photos. I will get them posted this weekend. I did not notice anything new or improved at the CP since February (other than the kids club). It was great then and it is great now. BUT, they do need some dang palm trees near the pool!!!!

DaveT

3. lisaten

lisaten Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hellooo everybody - back last nite and will have tons of pics. i also tried my hand at short videos but haven't reviewed them yet.

jan13 - for one thing, they banned straws at the pool bars. it's totally changed the pool filtration for the better. they also pulled up the sand at the pool-front lounge area and cemented it. far, far better and neater, too. the jacuzzis on the terrace finally had circulating water in them but i'd still stay away. the kids club turned out really nice and they included a pool table, two air hockey tables, ping pong and foos ball for the older crowd. there are 7 or 8 Wii stations and it seemed that's where the adults hung out. the darn bar on the terrace was closed the whole time we were there so i never got to look for DaveT.

the beach is in rough shape but you can still get to the ocean. we were plagued with seaweed for the first time in all the years we've gone. the beach bathrooms on the meridien side are gutted as is the beach bar. the beach bathrooms on the marriot side are open.

presidential members now get black bands supposedly to mark us as VIPs and members still have the standard gray. unfortunately, i had to come to work today so i'll write more over the weekend and will get the photos together, too.

they changed airline terminals for us, too. continental is now going to terminal 3. their arrival/departure setup is ingenious. one thing is for sure, even if you go every 6 months, something is different every time.

4. DaveT

DaveT Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Lisaten,
    I was looking for you Thursday-Saturday. I even had my black Titleist hat in tow, just to serve as a flag. Next time we'll connect. lol

Speaking of the Cancun airport terminal.....I forgot to mention how cool it is now. They put in a huge new Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville restaurant/bar next to the gates. That made waiting around for an hour and a half actually a lot of fun. We ate, drank, and watched Buffett videos while our plane began to board. How cool is that? Now I will not cringe when I hear that we need to be at the airport three hours prior to departure!!! lol

DaveT

5. Jan13

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    DaveT and lisaten,

Thanks for the new CP info. The airport just seems to be getting better & better. The new JB restaurant sounds great!

We will not get to go back to CP until next April-May. I hope by then that the management has made other improvements like the ones that you mentioned.

I wish that they would plant some of those gorgeous palm trees in the pool area like they previously had! It would make a world of difference. Right DaveT?

I'm anxious to see your photos... :)

6. DaveT

DaveT Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jan13,
    There is no doubt that planting some big, beautiful palm trees would make a HUGE difference to the Cancun Palace. I really do hope they'll make that happen. I am working on putting some photos up. Hopefully, I'll have them up in the next few days.

DaveT

7. lisaten

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with you both. If they could incoporate palms like Playacar Palace they're have something really nice. I don't know how to attach photos directly but here's one of Frida showing they're trying with foliage. These were all taken 10/12/07-10/17/07
    http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/lisaten98/cancun palace 10 2007/CPFridaRest.jpg

and here's the newly cemented deck, beach views and a lot of concrete where palms could go!!!
    http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/lisaten98/cancun palace 10 2007/CPBeachanddeck.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/lisaten98/cancun palace 10 2007/CPBeachsouth.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/lisaten98/cancun palace 10 2007/HPIM0701.jpg

THE POOR SWING BAR IS GONE. There was sand inside chest high. and they are working hard to restore it before winter season.
    http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x41/lisaten98/cancun palace 10 2007/CP-FORMERSWINGBAR.jpg

8. Jan13

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi lisaten,

Nice shots! The foliage around Frida pretty much looks like it did in May (to me). Nice, but not over the top tropical.

The new cement area looks really good. A few palms would have been sooo nice.

Are there big rocks on the beach by the wall?

9. DaveT

DaveT Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes Jan13, the rocks are up against the wall still. However, they do not cause a problem or diminish the beauty of the Carribean Sea.

DaveT

10. lisaten

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yep the boulders are against the wall. i'm beginning to think they were there under the sand. the promotion people brought prospective members to the ocean front and said that hurricane dean left there them. but i tend to think hurricane wilma did it and they pumped sand on top. when you think back to spring, there was a hard rock edge when you stepped down to the beach. regardless, if it helps to keep the sand in place, so much the better. there are NO rocks or rock ledges in the ocean in front of CP like there is at casa magna. so everyone can enjoy the ocean. the rock/shell ledge at water's edge is even gone.

our friend at CP, Ileanna, said the gov. is supposed to do another beach restoration in November but i would not count on that. as we know, the winter storms can take away as much as hurricanes. I assume if they spend money on the beach it will be early spring.

all in all, the resort is coming together nicely and we sure had a good time last week. ahhh. last week. how sad to think it's over. but to those yet to go, WE LIVE THRU YOUR REVIEWS, SO please keep the comments coming. every day brings something new at CP. thank everybody!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice