Cancun Palace **** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. lisaten

lisaten Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey DT - glad you're posting from paradise. i'll see you tomorrow afternoon.

as for reassembling old stuff at beach palace - you mean those green unicorns from the waterfall and the mermaid from the front entrance are going to be there? or did you mean arturo and lorenzo?? haha. you walked up to it from the beach? or from the road?

LT

2. ELLABEAR424

ELLABEAR424 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    DaveT,
    Have you seen the Isla Palace???
    Or have you heard anything about it?????

I am feelin' an itch!!!!

EB

3. Jan13

Jan13 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Dave T,

You mentioned that the CP beach is great. What about the beach bar; has it been rebuilt?

Could you use your influence and get the palms planted in the pool area??? :wink:

It sounds like you are having the time of your life!
    Jan

4. DaveT

DaveT Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lisaten,
    Sorry about the misspelled word. I meant "reassembling the staff", not stuff. I am sorry about that. Once again, it's not my fault....blame it on the Sol and Tecate Light w/lime. lol

Ella,
    The beach bar is not back up. It is pretty snarly looking as the last storm that went through tore it up pretty badly. I don't think that it is that seriously missed though. I have not been to Isla Palace, however, today we played golf at Playacar and on the way back we stopped at Playacar Palace. It is beautiful. What makes that resort special is that you can see Cozumel across the Carribean Sea. The shuttle to Cozumel only costs $8 from just outside the Playacar Palace.

We are having a blast. The weather has been perfect for us. Not too hot, sunny, etc. It has been a little overcast, but we're fine with that.

Let me know if you have any questions!

DaveT

5. info

info Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wonderful

Hello guys,

I've visited this hotel and can say it was wonderful experience I'll never forget. Hotel personnel was friendly and great, food fantastic and drinks...well they have all kind of drinks that you cannot even imagine. I have several pictures of my stay there that you can take a look at http://www.cancunvacationpictures.com/cancunphoto.htm

I hope we can discuss some new ideas and new hotels in Cancun... Please, tell me your experience.

Cheers!

6. DaveT

DaveT Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey everybody! We're back from the Cancun Palace and I must say, it was a fantastic week. The hotel was perfect in just about every way. We had excellent dinners at the steak and Japanese restaurant. The darn room service was outstanding too, and lightning fast. The overall service was impeccable. I can't say enough. I did check out Beach Palace and I do believe it will be OK for a Dec. opening. If you guys have any specific questions that I can answer, feel free to shoot them out.

DaveT

7. molson09

molson09 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    was there enough umbrellas to find some shade around the pool??....how was the beach doing??.....any pics?.....was your mini-fridge always restocked??...thanks!!

8. DaveT

DaveT Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Molson09,
    Yes, there were many umbrellas around the pool, however, shade is scarce. Luckily, we had a few afternoons with some clouds, so shade was not such a necessity. I am honestly puzzled why there have been no palm trees planted on the backside of the property around the pool. It actually bothers me. Seeing palm trees swaying in the breeze is a major part of the beach/vacation experience. There is not ONE palm tree in sight around the pool area at the Cancun Palace.

The beach was fabulous! It really was. No rocks, and it was cool and powdery white. I would estimate that it was 40 yards deep.

Our mini-fridge was restocked every single day and we even asked the guy in the hallway with the cart to load it up with 6 extra Diet Cokes and Tecate Lights. The response was always, "it's a pleasure."

DaveT

9. ELLABEAR424

ELLABEAR424 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey DaveT,
    Glad that you had a great time!!!! That is what it is all about.

About how full was the hotel?
    Were they still alowing people to bring their food to the pool chairs in the water?

Thanks,
    EB

10. DaveT

DaveT Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Ella,
    The hotel was only about 60% full. I did not see anyone eating at the pool, nor did I see any food in or floating around the pool areas. Actually, the pool water was very, very clean and I especially liked the temperature. In Feb. I found the CP pool water to be too cold.

DaveT

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice