Cancun Palace **** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. BSN

BSN Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: goin to palace in may for first time

May is a great time to go. Not too hot, not overyl crowded. We have been to the cancun palace 6 times, 4 of those in May. We are going this may for 3 days after a 7 day stint at the playacar palace. I hope it is ready, I think if they are opening now we should be fine by May.

2. BSN

BSN Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cancun palace

Thanks for the udpates DaveT!!!! We cannot wait. Now I wish we could have split the 10 days and stayed 1/2 at CP and 1/2 at PP. We can't wait for the pics. I hope a lot of the old employees are there! :!:

3. LiTTLEMiSSJENNA

LiTTLEMiSSJENNA Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

what days are you going in may?

4. JimJam

JimJam Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    CP April 26-May 1

Well, after reading all these posts as well as the Trip Advisor forum, I think my husband and I are going to switch to CP instead of the Royal. Hopefully, everything will be functioning when we are there!!

5. ELLABEAR424

ELLABEAR424 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tours Thru Palace Resorts

Has anyone ever taken advatage of the tours that Palace Resorts offers?
    I was just curious as to how that works. When I go in June, I would like to take my daughter to Wet n Wild or Isla Mujeres - so I was just wondering how it is free.
    Do you just get a free shuttle over to the Isle when they see your wristband or free entry to the waterpark.
    I am assuming that you must pay for your transportation to and from the port and/or waterpark.

Thanks,
    Ellabear424

6. BSN

BSN Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have used the free tours. We used the Isla tour 3 times. You have to get to wet 'n wild (bus or walk from CP) and they provide transporation via boat toa private beach club w/ a buffett lunch and all you can drink w/ palace employees. The first 2 times were great, they have since moved (2005 trip) and the beach was not nice, not enough chairs and too many flies around the food. That time we thanked them for the free transportation and went into town. I would recommend using the free trans and then getting a golf cart and explore. It is easy to catch a fairy back and then get a cab to the hotel unless you can be back before they leave. They will take the boat to the town after the beach for shopping so you can meet them there.

We also used Tulum twice. Spent a lot of time picking up and dropping of people and stopped at a market south of Playa for 45 mintues. Great tour, long day.
    I think for the wet 'n wild you have to get there (again bus) and you have vouchers for food and free admission.

7. BSN

BSN Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

We are going to be at the playacar palace from 19-26 and the cancun palace 26-28.

8. ELLABEAR424

ELLABEAR424 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok, so if you're eating with the Palace employees - are they trying to sell you on time shares during your tours????
    We are already members but they always try to get us to upgrade.

I remember going to Isla yrs ago and the flies were crazy around the food. I would just like to go veg out on the PLAYA NORTE. I surely do not want to be hassled. :mad:
    What beach was "not that great"???

Thanks for everything,
    Ellabear424

9. LiTTLEMiSSJENNA

LiTTLEMiSSJENNA Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ohh im goin the 11-16

for the isla tour they take you to a private beach club??

10. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yes...and it's A/I. Unless they've changed their policy, you should bring with you your Palace towel cards so you can get fresh clean towels at the "beach club". Of course, remember to turn the towels back in to have your cards returned. When I went, the A/I included the buffet, a grill, anything at the bar, and non-motorized beach stuff (floating mats, canoes, etc.)

Anything else they offer in association with this tour such as snorkeling and playing with dolphins are not included and you have to prepay. At least, that's how it was when I went.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice