Cancun Palace **** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Sorry, I really should have posted this before. I took this pic of Cancun Palace as a lot of people were asking a few weeks back, but I never got round to posting it.

Please bear in mind this pic was taken on Dec 13th 2006:

[​IMG]

2. DaveT

DaveT Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  3. JustCher826

JustCher826 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    HI all,

Getting a little worried about Cancun Palace's renovations. A group of 4 of us are heading to Cancun on 02/21/07-02/28/07. CP is now scheduled to be open 02/14.

I am wondering, is there any guidelines hotels have to follow regarding re-opening? How many amenities need to be available to customers etc?

I read a review of when Sun Palace opened at it only had about 25% of the amenities available. I would just hate to have that happen to us.
    Thanks!

4. attfam1

attfam1 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anybody have any news/pictures of Cancun Palace since DaveTs update as of Jan 4. Curiously on the progress.

5. DaveT

DaveT Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was told yesterday by Palace Resorts that CP is still expected to open on Feb. 10th. I don't know.

DaveT

6. LiTTLEMiSSJENNA

LiTTLEMiSSJENNA Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    goin to palace in may for first time

my boyfriend and I are going to cancun palace in may for the first time, Is may a good time of year to go and do you think it will be ready by may?? i keep hearing all different things and im getting nervous even though its four months away! :oops:

7. Parrot

Parrot Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Blog on our resort!

Hi Just Cher, we will be there the same timeframe. Are you with the Commodore trip? I can't wait!!!!!!! If you see a big guy with a dark hair and a mustach with a petite blond lady...thats us!! :roll:

Here is a blog report...sorry if this is a duplicate:

http://www.thetimeshareblog.com/pal...lace-cancun’s-first-“couples-only”-resort.htm

PALACE RESORTS unveils THE NEWLY RENOVATED SUN PALACE Cancun’s First “Couples Only” Resort
    Palace Resorts is pleased to announce the grand reopening of Sun Palace as the first “Couples Only” property in Cancun. Located at the southern end of Cancun’s famous Hotel Zone, the refurbished property was closed in October 2005 following damages sustained during the passage of Hurricane Wilma.

“We are overjoyed to add another of our beautiful resorts to the ‘reopened’ list,” said Roberto Chapur, President of Palace Resorts. “With the reopening of Sun Palace, couples who visit Cancun can take pleasure in knowing that now there is a breathtaking all-inclusive resort that was designed specifically with their needs in mind.”

The refurbished resort is home to 252 beautifully appointed deluxe rooms that feature a modern Mexican décor, double Jacuzzis, oceanview balconies or terraces and come with premium extras like turndown service and fully stocked, in-room liquor dispensers that offer top-shelf night caps. Additionally, guests are also treated to mini-bars containing sodas, bottled water & domestic beer, a flat screen LCD TV w/ satellite, luxurious Farouk ® bath amenities, bathrobes & slippers, 24 hr room service, digital safes, individually controlled air conditioning and wireless Internet throughout the resort.

Aside from luxurious accommodations, Sun Palace offers a host of amenities that are sure to please. Guests are invited to enjoy any of the properties three infinity pools, the swim-up bar or the indoor pool that features two Jacuzzis. For those looking for a little more action, Sun Palace offers a watersports marina, scuba diving demonstration, fitness center and daily activities. For guests who are interested in learning first hand about Mexico’s rich cultural heritage, the “Palace Passport” program, which is available at Sun Palace, allows visitors who stay three nights or longer to partake in numerous excursions that include trips to Tulum/Xpu-Ha, Isla Mujeres, Coba, & Ek-Balam/Valladolid, Wet’nWild, Tulum Paradise and Sail & Snorkel tours.

Guests are also welcome to spend a day of pampering at the resort’s spa facilities featuring 10 beautifully appointed treatment rooms that are designed to soothe the body, calm the mind and rejuvenate the soul. Here, guests can choose from numerous spa treatments to indulge in tranquil bliss.

After an exciting day of activities or relaxing, Sun Palace welcomes guests to a delicious meal at any of the resort’s five International restaurants that offer such cuisine as Italian, Fine cuts/Seafood, and Oriental. If a quick bite is in order, guests are invited to partake of either the snack bar or the pool bar. When the day is done and guests are looking to unwind, they need look no further than the Lobby Bar. This lively nightspot offers top-shelf drinks and is the perfect place to reminisce about the day’s events.

If it’s business that needs attention, Sun Palace, with more than 4,100 square feet of flexible, unobstructed meeting space, is the perfect place to meet. Here, groups can conduct the deal of the day in Sun Palace’s spacious and state-of-the-art facilities. This flexible meeting facility is also an ideal setting for a cocktail party or festive get-together, being that it can accommodate groups up to 280 individuals.

A Sun Palace vacation package is affordably priced and ranges from $346 - $502, per room, per night, depending on time of year.

Palace Resorts, the company that set the standard in five-star, all-inclusive resort accommodations, offers nine all-inclusive properties throughout Cancún, the Riviera Maya, Nuevo Vallarta and Cozumel. At each of the Palace Resorts, guests are provided with luxurious, yet affordable, accommodations, fine cuisine, 24-hour room service, top shelf drinks, sensational Entertainment, wireless Internet, non-motorized water sports and unlimited select tours. Palace Resorts’ unparalleled level of service and comfort found at each property makes them a leader in providing world-class resort vacations in Mexico. For more information, guests may call (800) 635-1836 or visit http://www.palaceresorts.com

8. JustCher826

JustCher826 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Parrot,

Thank you for the information. I was too nervous about the opening, so I switched hotels to Gran Caribe.

Good Luck!

9. Cancun "FUN"

Cancun "FUN" Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anyone have any pictures of the Cancun Palace or Sun Palace?

10. DaveT

DaveT Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am in the Moon Palace as we speak. My family and I were supposed to be staying at the Cancun Palace from Saturday to Sunday of this week. Obviously the CP did not open Saturday so we got shipped to Moon Palace. However, we did go to the Cancun Palace yesterday and it we were told that it will open on Wednesday. The entire front of the building (landscaping, etc.) looks like hell, but the building is gorgeous and was filled with employees. I was told that the pool is all ready and the restaurants are fully functional. We are ready to get the hell out of the Moon. It's too big. Our room is about a half mile from the lobby. I'll try to get back with you guys later.
    DaveT

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice