Cancun Palace **** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. DaveT

DaveT Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh, sorry Jan13. Yes the areas around the pool are all sand-colored concrete. Except on the east side (or ocean-side) of the pool, which is being filled in with sand. I was told it is being designed as an area at which kids can safely play while parents hang in the pool. It is enclosed by glass.

DaveT

2. ELLABEAR424

ELLABEAR424 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    $60.00!!!! Well, it is 5:53 in the morning and ran down stairs, checked the Michigan Lottery website and discovered that one of our lottery clubs won $10.00!!!! 2 white balls and the mega ball.
    But nobody has hit it (sorry DaveT) so we will reinvest our ten bucks!
    There is still hope!!

As for the hotel, I hope they put some Palpas (sp?) along the beach. I am going in June and I don't think my mom will survive out there without some shadey shade. :)

3. BSN

BSN Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Roberto was great!! I heard he was at the vallarta palace during reconstruction.

4. Venom

Venom Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Which Roberto was it?

I remember a Roberto the last time I was there in May 05. Very nice guy. I remember him cause he was a BIG Yankee fan!!!
    DaveT - you didnt happen to get pics of the staff, did you?

5. nwimmershoff

nwimmershoff Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    cancun palace

I am new to this forum. I am a Premier member and have been going to Cancun since 1983. First Hotel was Playa Blanca and when rain came it came in the room. No air cond - just a fan. The ride to Isla Mujeres was on a large tri-hull and 1/2 way there you'd drink tequila, get in the swing that normally held the spinnaker, shoot out over the water and dive or jump. Good old days. Now I'm 61 and still loving it. Anyway, to make a long story short Cathy and I are headed down on Feb. 28 to CP so all of the info from Dave was great esp. about the shade. I just orded a jumbo umbrella from http://www.shadeusa.com/default.htm which is oversized. I am toying with some bungee and bags that can be filled with sand as anchors. Hoping the CP keeps its rep as a party hotel because we were always entertained. Took our kids there too. The staff was always great and if our kids were a little out of line while our backs were turned the staff had no problem setting them straight. No like here where adults are afraid to set a kid straight. I'm taking my laptop so I can give some instant feedback for the rest of you going. Can't wait. Nick

6. ELLABEAR424

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sounds like a plan Nick.
    My mom and I started going to Cancun many moons ago and I loved the Cancun Palace. Lately we have been staying in the Riveria Maya area because my husband likes it better. He does not like to roam around or shop so he could careless about the hustle and bustle of Cancun.
    My 70 yrs old mother, on the other hand, would go nuts on an Mega Resort. She likes to get out and see the sights and the people. She has been known to hop on a bus alone and come back with doughnuts.
    This June I am taking my daughter (pic to the left) and my mother back to Cancun and I am hoping that the Cancun Palace is still a party place too. Just us girls. My mom gets a kick out of watching others play the games.

Anyways, I will be looking foward to hearing your report. Don't forget us!!

7. nwimmershoff

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Riviera Maya

Actually I agree with your husband. Typically we like to go for a minimum of 10 days - 14 days with one week off the path in Playa Del Carmen area. The hotels are very inexpensive compared to the all inclusive pack. My wife likes the polished look so we have to compromise. To me who cares what the room looks like (within the bounds of decency) if your just sleeping in it anyway. And if you pay $75-$80 a night you have plenty left over for two whole snappers and drinks. This time though it will just be the 7 day junket with books. Nick

8. Jan13

Jan13 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nick,

Looking forward to your updates next week. We are going to CP April 25th and appreciate any information that you can pass along (photos too).

Would you ask the staff about future plans for pool area palapas/umbrellas/palms if they are non-existent while you and Cathy are there?

Have a great time! :umbrella:

9. nwimmershoff

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jan 13 - I will get the skinny but palm trees are out for this year because they take quite a while to root before they will untie the branches. (Learned this at the Moon Palace). Maybe they will bring in jalapas because I can't believe they would leave that pool area so exposed. The invoice on the umbrella I am going to take was $62.50 including shipping. So yeah stay tuned on about March 1st or 2nd. Nick

10. ELLABEAR424

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was just looking at the Palace Resort website and from the computer generated pictures that they have up, it looks like they plan on having a lot of palm trees around the pool area.
    Ellabear424

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice