Cancun Palace **** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. BSN

BSN Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Davet,
    Was there plenty of chairs, the old CP had chairs lined up like a cruise ship. The pictures don't show many chairs. Can't wait to see more!

2. ELLABEAR424

ELLABEAR424 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, Years ago when I had dreams of being a world traveler...
    I had my daughter and I was working full time. My mother and I had traveled to Cancun a few times and I always checked on Apartments and stuff while I was there. So one day I was temporarily laid off so I took some of my savings and flew down with my daughter and I rented an apartment while I was collecting unemployment. My checks went into my bank account and that is what I lived off of while I was down there. After 4 months I was called back to work so I had to return to the frozen tundra of Michigan. By the way - my unemployment was more than enough to live off. I miss those days of being a beach bum. :(

3. DaveT

DaveT Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey BSN, yes there were plenty of chairs for everyone. They actually pulled a bunch of brand new, black loungers out our second day there. They are still working on cleaning the pebbles from the middle kiddie pool. The two three huge jazuzzi-type pools on top of the three bars/restaurants were being finalized as well. I expect that they'd be up and running in the next couple of days. I do have some other photos that I can post, but I don't want to throw up pictures that aren't helpful to everyone. If anybody has any specific questions, I will do my best to answer them. Man, do I miss Cancun already!!!!! I am just one lottery ticket away from a permanent relocation!!! lol

4. Venom

Venom Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You should post more pics up. There are bitter ppl that are posting pics of the CP that arent helpful and misleading anyway, you should post the pics of what you saw since you paid and actually was in the resort and not taking pics from the outside looking in!

I do have a question though, get any of the bartenders names? Im wondering if any of the old CP staff is left.

5. ELLABEAR424

ELLABEAR424 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is your state part of the Mega Millions? I just got my tickets. Our Jackpot is up to 150 million and I am part of 3 lottery clubs!!!
    I am the leader of one and if somebody says, "Oh we will never win." I give them back their money and tell them that I don't want any negativity on my tickets!!!! lol

:lotsofmichaelf:
    S.O.S Lottery Club

6. Cancun "FUN"

Cancun "FUN" Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dave T
    Do you have any pictures of the rooms? Also, were you able to look at one of the Presidential Suites? We are staying in a Presidential next month and my family is dying to see or hear how they are.

Do you have any pictures of the lobby area.

All of your other pictures were no doubt helpfull and my family cannot wait to get there on March 29th. I can already see ourselves by the pool bar.

Ralph

7. BSN

BSN Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks DaveT!!!
    Any picks of the beach bar or lobby?

Also, someone else asked - any old staff? Yanet, Roberto, Que, Angel (both) and so many more. We saw several of them at Playacar Palace last year and hope they are still w/ the palace company. They are great people!!

8. mljjlj69

mljjlj69 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cancun Palace

My question is for Dave T..I am almost ready to book again (at the Cancun Palace (I had been at the 'old' resort 5 times!) but I was wondering what the shade situation is. I cannot lay directly in the sun for extended periods. Are there enough umbrellas for shade and did you happen to notice or get the impression that they might be placing some around the front pool? By the way, THANK YOU SO MUCH for all of your info and pictures, it has been extremely helpful!
    Thank You! :D

9. Jan13

Jan13 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    mljjlj69,

We have also been to the CP the last 5 years; are getting ready to book for April 25 - May 2; and need some shade too. :cool:

We noticed from Dave T's photos that the pool area palms and palapas were gone. Sure miss that lush tropical view that you saw from your room and when you stepped out of the lobby!

So Dave T what do you think? Upcoming landscaping/palapas around the pools? Also is the entire area around the pools concrete? It sort of looked like sand??? Thanks for sharing the photos and the exciting information.

Jan

10. DaveT

DaveT Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Shade is not available near the pool. There are about a dozen eight foot, tan umbrellas, but they will not provide enough shade to prevent sunburn. That is a downfall of the new CP (at this point). I am a relatively pale skinned guy and I too was looking for some down time from the hot sun. As of a few days ago there are not even palm trees in the back of the hotel. That will most likely change in the upcoming weeks. I would certainly recommend doing what I do and that is to go tanning a few times prior to arrival and get out of the sun periodically. I will also say that like the old CP, the hotel begins to block the sun around 3:00 and by 4:30, the entire pool is in the shadow of the hotel.

Relative to the old staff....I only remembered two. Roberto (in the bar) and Antonio (the entertainment director). Antonio has been with the Palace system for many years with stints at the Cancun Palace, Beach Palace, Moon Palace, and Vallarta Palace. He is now back at the CP and will remain there for a while. He is really a great guy. Roberto in the bar was awesome.

Tomorrow I will go through the rest of my pictures and put some new ones up. I do remember that that a few of my lobby pictures looked kinda crappy, but I'll do my best for you guys.

Have a great night.

By the way, I put $60 into the Mega Millions tonight in the hopes of moving to Cancun Saturday!!!!!!! lol

DaveT

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice