Cancun or Acapulco Late Nov/Early Dec???

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by mugway05, Oct 3, 2007.

1. mugway05

mugway05 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Okay so i finish my job here in the USA on the 20th of November and then we have a MASSIVE Party in Mexico to say well done and all that Jazz. But anyways after the party theres a few of us that are going to stay in Mexico and travel around for about a month. Some of the other guys are keen on heading over to Cancun. Whats it like this time of year? As I have already booked my ticket for March I am not to sure if I want to go in November as well. I was thinking of heading down the other coast to places like Puerto Vallarto and Acapulco as I have never been here before.
    What do you guys think? And has anyone been to these other places before?

2. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've been to both Acapulco and PV several times.

Acapulco is a huge city. Nothing like Cancun. The beaches are great but literally you have to cross 6 lanes of traffic to cross the street in front of your resort.

The clubs are massive compared to Cancun though although you will find a lot more locals in the clubs than you do in cancun. There's no r4al hotel zone in Acapulco and the clubs and bars are kind of scattered all over.

And there are some awesome sights to be see including the cliff divers.

PV is real Mexico not the Americanized version of Mexico that Cancun's hotel zone is. You're not going to find the American fast food chains and the people who sell things in their shops actually live over the shops. Many of the roads are cobblestone.

No real big clubs but lots of fun bars. I also have found it to be much cheaper than Cancun. I love it and would choose it over Acapulco just because I don't go to Mexico to go to a big city.

I think you'll find the weather a bit better in both Acapulco and PV in Novembner than you would in Cancun.

Any more questions please ask.

3. LeahN47

LeahN47 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Karen is right about PV, I was there recently and it was nothing like Cancun. We stayed out a bit in the non hotel zone and when you walked across the street it you were in the Mexican country. It was really nice and we met some great people and ate some great food. Not americanized at all. Cancun is great too. The water is nicer and the beaches are nicer too.

4. Kait13

Kait13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LEAH!!!! we miss you!! how is everything?

5. Currrrvy-on-crack

Currrrvy-on-crack Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Go to Acapulco; it's good for a change of scenery. There is a main street along the beach where most hotels, restaurants and bars are (touristy). And there are lots to do on day trips, like this place called Caleta (from which you can go to a tiny island called La Roceta). The beach is for sure different than Cancun, but that is the whole point I think.

I remember a club (can't remember the name), outside the main road, more on the cliff towards the airport - it overlooks the huge Acapulco bay - view was amazing.

Prices are good too.

Also, almost 0 chance of rain in Acapulco. Never seen a drop and I've been there about 4 or 5 times at various times of the year.

(I wonna go now!)

6. Ant95

Ant95 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    curv, palladium or mandara on the hill?

7. Currrrvy-on-crack

Currrrvy-on-crack Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Palladium!!!!!!!!!

8. Ant95

Ant95 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    and dance with the deviiilllllllll!!!!!!!!!

9. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOVE that song :!:

10. tea_jay85

tea_jay85 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    bloody hell! stop travelling micky! you are making me way too jealous!
    whooooooo!
    xx
    tim

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice