Cancun needs you!

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, May 4, 2009.

1. cheetah27

cheetah27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will be there June 24th...and cant wait! I LOVE cancun!

2. donna in wv

donna in wv Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We DID NOT fall for the media hype! We arrive in Cancun tomorrow and will be there 10 days.

I feel so bad for our friends down there who depend on the tourists. Well, at least we'll be tipping up a storm at the Barcelo Costa Cancun!

3. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well looks like someone who i was out with sunday there Partner has it so looks like your more at risk at home than mexico :lol: Get gone to mexico!!!!!!!

4. BVG_Steve

BVG_Steve Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hmm, you call the Mexican government basically shutting down the country media hype? Seems pretty news worthy to me

5. Brett61

Brett61 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: reschedule

GR Solaris leaving May 25 for 7 nights - 1,593.00. I paid 1,560.00 for 4 nights but I also upgraded...

6. bahama

bahama Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: reschedule

thanks Brett.
    I was able to negotiate with Temptations and will be there june 6.

7. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    IMO, the Mexican Government had no choice but to react as it did to the lethal US/Canadian/UK Media blitz regarding this flu strain. If they had done nothing there would have been even more criticism and hell to pay for that too.

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think the Mexican govt did what they had to. They acted with caution and prudence. If they'd had labs that could ID Swine Flu they might have been able to avoid some of this mess though.

9. BVG_Steve

BVG_Steve Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree the Mexican govt did what they had to, buy to say this was a media hysteria or media created event is far fetched. The drug violence scare was a media created event and totally different

10. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    April 16/17 Obama in Mexico City for talks/visit with Calderon.

Supposedly Obama knew three days before his trip. "The President's health advisers were already concerned about his visit south of the border after learning the contagious virus first struck in Mexico City on April 13 - three days before Mr Obama flew in to meet government officials." (http://tinyurl.com/cegrac)

April 23 First CDC Press briefing (http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/press/)

April 24/25 news hits various Cancun Travel Boards

Why the delay in warning Joe Q. Public, USA? Looks like 10 whole days... What might have not gone whose way in Mexico City OR what else may have been going on elsewhere that needed to have a diversion of gargantuan proportions?

I was in Cancun from Dec. 30 until April 29 as planned. I did have pneumonia and was hospitalized in Cancun from March 22 until March 30. Do I think that I had swine flu? No, nada since I've had pneumonia many times before and know those symptoms although similar to the recent flu's. Oh, and BTW, my Aunt in NH also had pneumonia but in February and I hadn't seen her since Christmas.

Once the US Media finally began reporting about this "killer" flu and saying that it began in Mexico I still was in Cancun and had had family visit during Easter who had gone home and NO ONE, not one of them of varying ages had or has gotten sick.

While I believe that every life is precious, I do feel that this repeated panic reporting was unnecessary.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice