Cancun more corrupt this year?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Sol_Gemma, Mar 24, 2009.

1. UKLAD

UKLAD Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    met some english lad at the airport, he said when getting searched going into coco bongos, the bouncers put their hands in his pocket and knicked 50 dollars!!

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thats why when or if I ever get searched, I take EVERYTHING out of my pockets and hold the items in my hand! AFter the search I put them back in, but I have NEVER been searched at a club in cancun, far too many people waiting to get in!

3. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yeah that's crazy, I never have been searched going into a club before.....that's when I would have known something was fishy

4. ACBUD420

ACBUD420 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    that we do.

i remember after i got my camera back, i lectured the woman for like 15 min in spanish how we go to cancun to have a good time not to have stuff stolen. and she was like "its a business". i guess it really is.

5. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah kinda crazy over there. I have never lost anything or had it stolen that I know of..

But I have heard of guys being targeted for sure..

6. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I think andrew just was unlucky and had a bad experience, we are usually all together and if something like that would have happend with all of us together, that girl would have been in some trouble!

7. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well I have always travelled alone or in a group and enver had problems ( touch wood) but have for sure heard of stolen items and being caught by police...It's terrible but in the same sense they see us as easy targets hammered in the bars each night....

8. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    thats true dream. I have been alone a few times, actually passed out nearly in a cab and he drove me right to my hotel and woke me up and I got out and went inside, luck to be honest!! I try and not get SOO overly drunk I pass out before I get to the hotel because that is just a bad idea, not just in mexico but anywhere! And in mexico I am usually in a larger group so no worries yet.............

9. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah I have been ok too..Years where it was just me and Marissa walking home or something and we have been ok..
    We tend to keep our eyes and ears open of course..

Sucks you got stuff stolen Gemma. Makes your trip harder with no camera or money

10. mormis

mormis I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    u dont speak spanish...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice