Cancun more corrupt this year?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Sol_Gemma, Mar 24, 2009.

1. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I feel like taxi drivers downtown are more honest. They may not be able to speak english as well but they are so much better. Both times I took a taxi from downtown back to hotel zone, it costed only $100 pesos and its not a short ride.

2. cc_matt

cc_matt Regular Registered Member

Belleville Michigan Freezing my ass off!!!
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gemma his name is Eammon. I hung out with him the next day at the pool. Stayed at the oasis as well as me. He is a very nice guy. Probably was the most sober person there at the meet up as well. I was gonna go with you guys afterwards but I thought you were staying at the oasis too and kept telling you guys that you were going the wrong way. So Brian and I just took the bus back to our hotel not knowing what you guys were doing or where you were going. Wish I would have known you were a different hotel lol. :p Glad he took care of you!

3. cindyb

cindyb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    the first year i ever hiot Cancun I had 50.00 dollars and my camera stolen right from my purse at a club so now every year I lock my purse with my suitcase lock!!!! and nothing ever happens!!!! people were laughing at me but hey I didnt get robbed....

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    I have to say that at this time of year every pice of low life scum in Cancun will be out and about trying to take advantage of spring breakers. It may well be possibly worse this year due to the economy and the low value of the peso.

You all need to remember that probably a good percentage of Mexicans you see inside hotel zone clubs are not there to have a good time, they are there to take what they can get. At the Slices meet up I spoke to one guy who either he or his friends had been robbed 3 times in 4 days. One time after drinking a shot at Senor Frogs that a Mexican gave him called a poisonous frog, he remembers nothing after, but lost a $3K gold chain.

I would always advise taking the bus rather than a taxi late at night, not taking any more money out with you than you need, leave the jewelery at home, dont leave your drink unattended or accept drinks from strangers and stick together in as large a group as possible.

5. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great advice, Steve.

Watch out for your friends. Leave no man behind.

6. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    all very good tips.....actually had no troubles this year, quite the shock, usually I bring a slew of bad luck

7. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This sucks for me, as I travel to Cancun alone now...

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    You`re only alone for as long as it takes to meet up with other cancuncare folks. We look after each other.

9. richardsayzz

richardsayzz Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    just me and my girl going next week! would love to meet up with some CC people

10. BCstandsFor

BCstandsFor I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    WOW those are some horror storiess! I didn't know any of that stuff happened to you guys.

I only ususally take out what I'm
    going to spend and eventhough I brought 2 CAMERAS! I hardly ever brought them out at night. and my phone?? HELLLLSS NO I think I brought it out 1 night to keep tabs on some cc people via texts and never took it out. but during the day I locked all my sh!t up in the safes and my suitcase locks every day!

still it didn't stop my mt dew/ new York shirt, my sandals and 1 other shirt from going missing but still it's only tshirts.

one night I ended up alone going back on the bus and fell asleep I woke up at the airport or somwhere luckily the bus driver was cool and just took me to the oasis.

I will say this though there were a couple of nights my spidey sense was tingling. I really didn't like taking those private vans from oasis due to the specials we were getting. I missed taking the bus with the crowds. and one time in the van on the way over some dude was following us and watching us while driving EXTREEMLY close to us in his car. like he wanted an accident. and then one other night this "driver" didn't know where basic was and driving us all over and we had this extra dude in the van with us and the whole time I was thinking "yo who the
    fu#% is this dude?" we stopped at the store for at the store for him all sorts if dumb sh!t. the only solace I had was that there was so many of us in there that we'd smash them out if they tried anything funny...but still.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice