Cancun Jail

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And don't use me as a supporter of your delusions! When I said I have "seen" some of the same things, I certainly did not mean--and I think I made that clear--that my perception of those things was not the same as yours.

2. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    You saw it, I saw it. I appreciate that you were gentleman enough about it to say so.

The life of prisoners can be very brutal, as everyone is aware. Anything that lightens their burden is appreciated.

I've been visiting prisoners for a number of years, in the U.S., then in Russia, more recently in Mexico. People don't generally waste a lot of love on them. I suppose that's why Jesus told the parable of the sheep and the goats. As a boy, that made an impression on me.

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I also heard that the Zetas control the Cancun Jail. And I heard about a guy who was raped so brutally that he now has to use a colostomy bag.

I don't want to repeat all of what I've heard here, but I've heard horrible things about the Cancun Jail, the VAST MAJORITY of what I've heard about it is absolutely, totally nightmarish!

The few kindnesses in the Jail that V has insisted on highlighting are pale in comparison to the total brutality that the rest of us have heard of there. The perspective painted by V is not indicative of the reality there, which is why so many readers are reacting to his comments as if he's gone off his rocker.

V is showing us one tiny drop of goodness in a pool of sh*t, but it's just one tiny drop...hardly worth all these posts or all this attention imho.

4. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Rivergirl, you've gone back to your reality painting theme, again (bottom of previous page). Here's what I said, last time you did this (top of this page).
    I seem to be able to accept the fact that it is a brutal place, along side any good that may exist there, more easily than some others who post, here.

Prisoners will have to bear with the evil that exists there: I'm grateful that's not all there is to it.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  5. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You guys want to start a new thread...? :icon_wink:

Hijacking threads seems to be quite common, unfortunately.

6. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    This thread has not been hijacked, Rawkus. Without commenting on any particular prisoners I may have spoken with there, I'll remind the readers that Anita, Free's girlfriend, invited the readers to visit Free, in jail, and provided details about how to do it. (Those who are interested can look back at posts from freeFree.) In her posts she also mentioned some of the positive things I mentioned seeing and experiencing there on my visit.

7. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    V: you keep insisting that I "saw" the same thing that you did without also mentioning the caveat that I have also posted so I guess I will have to say that I DIDN'T SEE what you saw and maybe you will understand--although I doubt it.

I certainly did not see what V saw--and especially how he perceived and interprets it.

You are right, as usual, RG. Neither this thread nor V's eyesight and perception deserve all this attention. Serious people know it is a crock. I'm outta here.

(actually I am in Ft. Worth where it just stopped snowing--but that's another story.)

I will leave V and his delusions to him and his Kool Aid drinking believers. Too bad. This will taint everything he posts from now on.

8. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know Anita`s suggestion about visiting the jail etc., but it just seems that the last 1 and a half pages have been about your personal differences and poking sticks at each other.

I for once want to follow the CASE that started this entire thread - If I want to read about the pros and cons(no pun intended) regarding the Cancun jail, then why not start a new thread?

Sucks having to read through many posts of this stuff, when one is just trying to get an update on the case as such.

9. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was not going to post....but this has gotten so out of hand. Topics and discussions in the Spring Break forum are so much more mature then some of the things being said in here. You have all put a really bad taste in my mouth, and feel I can never come in here to post without being berated. Not just this thread, but the Living In forum as a whole is so unpleasent anymore....and that sucks cause some of you have helped me so much in the past.

10. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice