Cancun INM, amazing changes

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Jan 16, 2013.

1. davisod

davisod Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think this is probably true - and if I was working I'd get my own lawyer to do it, then give the receipt to my employer.

2. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    V: ...or it could just simply be yet another lazy and "I dont care"-type of INM workers that "greeted" her. You seem to have sailed through INM pretty much without any issues, yet there is another reality, which several of us actually have experienced. :)

Sometimes you get the good ones, who, when having a great day at the office, will do everything and more to help the client, and sometimes you simply end up with the complete bastard ones, whom, believe it or not, do exist, hehe.

Im still waiting to hear why my visa was "lost" for approx 1 year and me risking both fines and forced exit for a fault on THEIR behalf :)

Once PROFECO got involved, INM deleted me from the online-thing. Seems to be a common thing to do in many countries: Sweep the problem under the carpet, close your eyes, cross your fingers and hope that it magically goes away.

Good thing I made screen-prints of my online file, due to an inside tip from a friend who works with INM... Had I not, well, they would have won and Id be starting from scratch(aka 2007)...

You will also drop your jaw if youd know just how many complaints PROFECO has against INM and how many employees where cleaned out just a couple of months ago, all for irregularities.

Im really excited to start what will hopefully be my last dealings with INM in Sept this year.

Only Thailand comes even close to what Ive experienced with crooked Immigration authorities, hehe.

Im told that the new delegado that has made all the changes at our local INM office, is really doing his best to both clean up and organize things.

My friend who works there, says the atmosphere is "much more relaxed due to organization". Lets hope he stays clean and keeps his fingers out of problems. :)

Ps. What does the card look like? Is it nicer than the laminated "made at home"-thing we had before?

Ps2. Feels like its been too long since we had a beer(or two, or three, or four...) :)

3. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    V .......................u seem to think u know my daughter ! She is sweet calm, confident and co-operative , a great listener , not demanding in any way .
    We have been here many many years, have had dealing with immigration many times, contacted Mauricio , are all fully legal. Sometimes people do things just as well as you do and still immigration gets things wrong.

Stop making assumptions about how things went down its really getting on my nerves. I will say no more and just get on with my family life.............enough is enough .Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

4. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Sorry, Tracey, as I feel a neck wringing is not far away!

It's hard to retell an event, and I realize you were giving us the second hand version which may not have been as it really went down, but my observations were based, as nearly as possible, on exactly what you told us about it.

Your daughter, by the way, sounds charming, and probably got her best qualities from her mom.

5. davisod

davisod Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Trace yUck vs V........Lmfao!
    Oddsmakers, what odds do you think should be set.....10-1? (Remember the Thrilla with Vanilla: V. vs Rivergirl?)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  6. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Interestingly, I maintained a residency document for four years, in Thailand, with annual renewals that were completed either the same day, or you picked up your passport with the new stamp in it the next day, at the outside.

It wasn't especially pleasant, with the language being an issue and the Thai authorities far less pleasant to deal with than Mexican authorities, but I never had any problems there, and there were never any suggestions of irregularities in my contact with them.

I would say the process there was more anxiety producing, as the Bangkok office of immigration was enormous: I was always greatly relieved when I walked out of the office, every year, but of hints of corruption in the process I had no experience.

As for other countries, I got a residency permit in Russia in about 30 days, and this didn't require renewals, ever; but, the downside was having to have permission to travel out of Russia, which could take up to 30 days to get. In China and Kazakhstan agents handled the visas, so I don't know what it would have been like, there. In Vietnam, it was a one day in, next day out for getting renewals- at about $200 USD for one year, multiple entry- a little expensive, but still less than here in some cases; like here, no hints of corruption in my dealings with them, or any of the other countries, though corruption exists in each.

I don't know what triggers a demand for a bribe, exactly: the only place I've experienced it was in Kazakhstan, in traffic stops. I resisted it, at some inconvenience, but felt it was important to resist in places where corruption might be present, as we know it can be, here. In three and a half years here I've yet to encounter anything that even hinted that a request for a bribe was coming, though others sometimes relate experiences they've had with it.

Since I see these as relational crimes, requiring two consenting adults, I consider the probable reason it never comes up is that my unwillingness to pay bribes is quickly picked up on by those sensitive to the vibrations and they don't bother to ask.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  7. hacienda b

hacienda b Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

:aktion033::aktion033::aktion033: with no waterbottles allowed!!! :confused: how about knives?:wink3:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice