Cancun INM, amazing changes

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Jan 16, 2013.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    It's easy enough to understand this kind of response to having to deal with a mundane matter such as immigration; but, if they misplace your file, like they have others because the file was sitting around long after time for the next action to be taken, it will be you that is inconvenienced, by having to start the process again.

In every case I can remember, in which "missing file" was the issue, it was a long delayed case. At this stage it's exclusively in your hands to move the matter forward: the lawyer can do nothing without your getting those required pictures done, busy or not, nor can he go to INM for you to sign, and be fingerprinted.

I know it's a pain, but getting it over with removes the pain, and this time it will be permanently gone, with any luck. Why risk screwing it up?

2. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No offense intended but I strongly doubt that Mauricio Mendoza will screw anything up! I'm with Steve, why put yourself through the bother of it all when someone as reliable and knowledgeable as Mauricio can do it for you? Well worth the cost IMO.

Also, seems to me that the delays have been primarily work related and with those doing it on their own. JMHO and observation.

3. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A touch of paranoia there methinks V?:icon_wink:

I have only heard of one case of a misplaced file - it really seems to be a very long shot that this is going to happen - and most certainly one that I wouldn't be worrying about, with plenty more other things to focus on in my life.

I also have a lawyer do mine and I couldn't care less if it takes 2 weeks or 10 months. I submit my papers, the lawyer calls me when it's time to go to immigration, I pay, get my card, end of. :icon_biggrin: - no waiting, no numbers, no hassle.

4. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Mole and Mat you seemed to have missed the point that the case is on hold because only Steve can take the remaining steps in the process: no lawyer can do it for him

Read back several posts and you'll see what we're talking about

This has nothing to with anything Mauricio may do or not do

5. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've read all the posts. IMO, if Steve isn't worried about the status of his docs at this time, why should you or anyone else be? It doesn't appear as though he's in jeopardy of being deported or anything.

It is very nice of you to provide the detail that you do on how to work through these various systems especially for those who choose to do it themselves, but it's not for everyone.

6. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Some care, others don´t.

I care. Whether Steve wishes to take note of my observations is entirely in his hands, as it should be.

7. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Here I am unable to check anything due to my daughters application being in the hands of a lawyer who works for a pagadora :(. 3 months in and still no visa- we have been told its all done just needs a signature. I need a neck to squeeze tightly today !

8. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Call V!! :icon_smile:

9. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Wow, what a nightmare!

TraceyUK-
    Gonzo-
    Gonzo, normally I like squeezes from women but I think the squeeze she has in mind is one I wouldn´t want to get!

TraceyUK, did you ever reflect on the date this matter was turned over to the lawyer, whether it was before November 11 and therefore could have been presented under the old law, avoiding the need for a visa obtained from abroad? (The former law allowed people to apply for permission to work while in Mexico rather than having to get a visa before entering as they do under the new law.)

10. davisod

davisod Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    More a "wring" than a squeeze, methinks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice