Cancun INM, amazing changes

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Jan 16, 2013.

1. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Isnt putting a list up on a window a breach of confidentiality?

2. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    No more, I would suspect, than publishing the name of a lottery winner on the plus side, or the name of the defendant in a criminal case on the negative side.

I suppose getting to the end of a long INM process to be somewhere in the middle!

3. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    A new list of those cards that are waiting to be picked up will be posted on Monday. I was by today, took five minutes to park and check the list. Talk about an improvement!

Sadly, my name wasn't on the list, but I was told a new list would be posted on Monday.

Steve, care to drop by to see if by chance your card is ready?

4. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Care looking to see if my name is listed... PLEASE!!!! This will be about the 3 week timeframe. It would be greatly appreciated!

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Mine wont be ready because I haven't had my photos done yet.

In any case that's the lawyers job, I'm paying him so I don't have to.

6. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Happy to, Tori. Now, though, I'm not sure they'll be open on Monday. Some agencies, including the SEP that I work under, have declared Monday and Tuesday to be national holidays. I don't know if INM will be doing the same thing, in which case it will be Wednesday before we know anything.

The posting of the names of those whose cards have been received by the local offices of INM, after being issued in Mexico City, is a big improvement for those at this last stage of the process. As I said, it just took me five minutes to check to see if my card was ready, including time it took to park and walk over.

I'm sure the decision to move the actual production of the card was taken out of the local offices to improve control over who gets them: it gives the central authorities a chance to review the cases, either individually (unlikely), or on a case by case or random basis, as IRS does in the U.S. This could actually delay the production of my card, given the basis of my application for permanent residency and the fact that the detail of the point system has yet to be approved, and published. They may decide to take a harder look at my case when it comes through Mexico City, especially if it turned out to be the first to be processed under the new law.

7. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Expect me to remind you of this, next time you complain about how slow INM is!
    The lawyer can do nothing further for you, at this point.

Are you sure you want to delay this further? Even after you've gone to INM to submit evidence you've paid the fees required, and presented the required photos; then, signed the documents acknowledging the details of your application and the decision of INM on it and been fingerprinted, then signed the new immigration document, all of which require your personal presence, you will be faced with a further wait of 3-4 weeks before your card will be ready to pick up.

[This is your mother talking....]

8. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    A new list was posted at 8:30 AM, today, for those who may be at the very last step in the process, following finger printing.

Someone must have heard your concern, TraceyUK, because now the list consists only of numbers, the NUT it seems.

Because of this, ToriB, I couldn't check to see if yours was among those ready to pick up. Give me you NUT and I'll look for it next time I'm over there.

Mine was not ready (or, should I say, was not on the list), so didn't bother further, today.

9. davisod

davisod Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    her nut??

10. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    I don't think I've ever complained how slow they are, commented probably but not complained. The only things I've complained about are how many trips it takes and how the rules change, as far as I recall. I'm addressing those by employing a lawyer to deal with it this time.

Having my 'piece of paper' or it being in process makes no difference at all to my current day to day life, and since I have more important issues that need to be dealt with - business, moving house, kids, health etc then trips to immigration are not a high priority and will be dealt with on my time clock not theirs.

It must be nice to have so few other responsibilities in life that a weekly trip to immigration is a highlight of ones week. :)

How many visits are you at now this time around? I'm still on zero.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice