Cancun in October who's going?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Leanne, Aug 13, 2009.

1. kimlvscancun

kimlvscancun Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bachelorette Party at Grand Oasis Cancun 9/29 - 10/3

Hi! 8 girlfriends and I will be celebrating a bachelorette party at the Grand Oasis Cancun from Sept. 29th to Oct. 3rd. Anyone else going to be there at that time? We want to have a HUGE party and make it a trip that our bachelorette won't forget!!!!

Let me know if you want to join the fun,
    Kim :lol:

2. brapat26

brapat26 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We'll be there

First off thank you for the responses on the water- it just makes my anticipation that much better!

3. brapat26

brapat26 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We'll be there

First off thank you for the responses on the water- it just makes my anticipation that much better!

We will be in Cancun at that time, not at your hotel... a bachelorette party would be great! Do you know any of your club plans yet? I think a few of the nights (we will be there same days as you) we will be going to: the City, Coco Bongo and the Bulldog..... as far as I know.
    [/quote]

4. kimlvscancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Clubs and safety

We will definately be going to Coco Bongo. Three of us went down in May and that was by far the best club that we went to. People were of all ages and there was SO much to look at with the impersonators and other performers. As it got later, it became more of a dance club. The staff was excellent. After our initial drink order we didn't have to ask for another drink . . . they automatically brought them to us. Saftey is a high priority there. I believe we went through a metal detector and I know that our purses were searched - they hold any medications that you have with you (including ibuprofen) until you leave. I was alarmed at first but then thankful for such high security standards.
    The best thing that we did and something I would highly recommend was Selvatica. We bought the tour package in our hotel lobby. It included transportation to and from, zip lining through the jungle, swimming and zip dropping and swimming in a cenote, and dinner afterwards. The staff was SO much fun, zip lining was exhilarating, and the cenote was beautiful!
    We did take a taxi downtown to a restaraunt (which I can't think of the name). It was not in the hotel zone but downtown Cancun where it was mostly locals. It was very safe. The restaraunt had a beautiful garden courtyard that was lit with lights strung in the trees. It was truly an experience. Most nights we went with the hotel entertainers to the clubs they were promoting. We would pay around $40.00/person for transportation to the club, entrance to the club, and all drinks were included as well. We would then take a taxi back to our hotel. Again, I never felt like my safety was in jeoprady- and I'm from a small town in Ohio :).
    We don't have an itenerary as of yet. We will probably just decide where we are going when we get there. Hope to see you there. I have a feeling we will be hard to miss - group of 8 with a bride to be!

5. Leanne

Leanne Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: Bachelorette Party at Grand Oasis Cancun 9/29 - 10/3

aww shame we will miss you by a few days, you will have to let us know what its like when you come back :D

6. Walshlaw

Walshlaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To Kmlvscancun: The restaurant you are describing is La Habicuela. It is a great place for gourmet Yucatan cuisine. We visit it on most of our trips. Won't be going this year since we are traveling with a large and noisy group.

7. DaveT

DaveT Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    11 days until I arrive at the Cancun Palace!!! I can't wait! The only thing that pisses me off is that it is 82 sunny degrees here in Chicago today. I want it to be REALLY COLD here when I take off!! lol

Is it just me, or does the trip seem so much better when everyone else is miserable with the weather back home????

DaveT
    Chicago

8. Leanne

Leanne Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    haha its already cold and miserable here so everyone is way jealous

9. kimlvscancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, that's it!

Yes, La Habicuela! Thank you, Walshlaw! Great restaraunt with incredible food and awesome ambiance. Your right, that's not the place for a large noisy group. Have a great trip!

6 more days for me!!!!!! Can't wait!

10. justjimmy

justjimmy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    October people

OK, all you October people. I have to wait 'till Nov 14th and I (we) need a trip report from all of you. With pictures :evil:

That's how we manage our sanity between visits.

Jimmy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice