Cancun in early October - Weather???

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by msgmg68, Jun 5, 2008.

1. msgmg68

msgmg68 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know the weather can be unpredictable in October because of hurricane season. But, has anyone read or heard anything about "more hurricane activity in the gulf"? A friend of mine heard that they are prediciting more hurricane activity. I'm just hoping that the nice forum members here might have some advice for me.

We are thinking of Oct 5 - 11 and my sis has never been, but we have. I'd hate for her first trip to be in the middle of a hurricane! :)

I appreciate your help!

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    October in Cancun is my favorite time of year. If there's no hurricane it's lovely. The water is still really warm but the air is not as hot. You don't need the a/c all the time, but the ocean is a nice warm bathtub.

If and when I move away from Cancun I will come visit in October for sure.

3. Walshlaw

Walshlaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I routinely travel to Cancun in October. Usually in mid month. Generally the weather is great. Sometimes there are a few showers that pass quickly.

However, we were in Cancun one day before Wilma reached landfall. That was not the norm for our trips.

4. HalloweenJack

HalloweenJack Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi guys,

how busy is the end of Sept / start of October. Worried might get to Cancun and they'll be nobody else there !

Is there a noticeable difference in the weather during Sept ? is it better planning to go start of Sept or Start or Oct ?

5. Walshlaw

Walshlaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cancun is not crowded in September and October when compared to the holidays and college Spring break.

It is very enjoyable for that reason. Either month is good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice