Cancun - Eat for Free!!!

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Jon @ SSI Houston, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Jon @ SSI Houston

Jon @ SSI Houston Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good afternoon all,
    Steve and I talked about this posting, so please do not feel offended if you think this is too commercial. I run a legitimate service evaluation company (mystery shopping) in Houston, Texas. We have a large restaurant client that has a location in Cancun. We are looking for evaluators for this company, and we will pay you a fee to shop and reimburse your meal up to $100US – all for eating and just filling out a simple online survey including summary. Please read below for details, and write if you have any questions. Thank you for your time!

Jon
    Satisfaction Services of Houston
    Contact.hou@satisfacitonservicesinc.com

Living or Traveling to Mexico???? - Mystery Shoppers needed.....
    Mexico locations – Cancun – Casual Restaurant and bar visits at International “Global” causal dining restaurant.

WE NEED NEW DEPENDABLE PEOPLE for MYSTERY SHOPPING – casual restaurant and bar visit. We have clients in Mexico!!!

See our TODAY SHOW SEGMENT on mystery shoppers/customer service.
    You must be reliable, observant and able to follow instructions.

Satisfaction Services Inc. has mystery shops. WE ARE A MYSTERY SHOPPING Company, we are NOT selling lists!

NEW Shoppers ONLY sign up with the following link: http://www.satisfactionservicesinc.com/shoppers.htm

If you are already a Shopper for Satisfaction Services email us for shops - Existing EVALUATORS Email us contact.hou@satisfactionservicesinc.com or call 866-496-2295 or 800-564-6574.

PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP MORE THAN 1 Time. http://www.satisfactionservicesinc.com/index.html

THANK YOU FOR HELPING US MAKE SERVICE BETTER EVERYDAY!

SCHEDULING SEPT AND OCT SHOPS TODAY!

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    I signed up, and got an assignment today from this. A free dinner for two (plus child) next week at one of Cancun's HZ restaurants that everyone knows. I probably shouldn't mention the name.

You do have to conduct a fairly detailed investigation and report back within 24 hrs, but 20 mins typing a report is fine by me for a max $100 dinner.

3. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I do this sort of thing in the US, but at the moment, I don't have any trips to cancun planned. Will check them out when I plan to return.....

Michelle

4. tele65

tele65 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Personally, my time in Cancún is too precious to me to bother writing a report for someone else. Especially when I had to pay them to get to do it, eventhough they say I'll be reimbursed. No, thanks. . .

5. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think I may check it out...

I'm there all the time so why not.

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've known some people who were mystery shoppers and loved the work. And if you have to live in this economy being reimbursed to go out to dinner is a nice perk. Otherwise a lot of people here won't be able to afford to go out.

On the other hand I already have two careers going both of which are keeping me too busy...so it's not something I have time for. But I would do it if I had time.

7. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well said :!:

BTW, A friend is looking into us doing this here in our area.

8. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cancun Eat for Free

I just saw an article in the last 3 days about something like this. Bottom line here is as follows:
    Any legit company who has people working for them as paid evaluators for shopping, eating, etc. will not charge one single cent for that privilidge. The article warned all to stay away from any company who charges a fee for you to become an evaluator.

This is the new come on scam going around and if you have to pay, you will lose the money. The reason that this is hard to prosecute is that people are only out $10.00 and not more. But imagine how many people sign on for the same idea for getting a free meal and possibly being paid for eating out. And they easily pay $10.00 and the only one who really makes money here is the guy who gets the $10.00

So stay away from this and I feel it is a scam.

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    It's not a scam, we did it last night and I know of several other residents who have done it in Cancun too none of which paid to register. Our meal came to $70 and in return for this to be reimbursed, I had a 20 minute report to write and one phone call to make.

Sure, if you're in NYC or Dallas and there's more people than assignments then paying $10 will get you to the head of the queue and first pick of what's available. That just makes business sense when you have more volunteers than you can cater too. The $10 fee is an option not compulsory. In Cancun, I'm sure there are more assignments than volunteers so no need to pay $10 to get to the head of the queue.... because there isn't one.

The company emailed me before posting and I asked them several questions, and said they had to keep the post Cancun specific and they respected that, although their site is obviously set up for a much wider user base.

This probably isnt going to work for tourists, chances of an assignment being available during a short visit are probably small. But for those of us who live here it's not a bad deal at all.

10. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve:
    As long as you did not have to put out any money to join the group, you are indeed correct it cannot be a scam. But once you have to pay someone to work for them then you are being scammed.

Please let us all know if you get your money back for the meal that you paid out of your pocket. If you do, then indeed this is a worthwhile deal, but if not, would you not wonder why they will not pay you back?

And as for the article is did state that in cities such as NYC those who do not pay the fee probably have a slim chance of ever getting paid for such work. But it clearly stated that this is a scam since there are many entities popping up with such ideas, promise you everything as long as you pay them, and once they have the $10.00 they fail to deliver the promised opportunity that you are seeking.

The article was either in the NY Times or MSNBC.com. And do remember if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is a scam.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice