Cancun Booze Cruise

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by treverd, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I train MMA....I'm pretty sure I'm going to elaborate a little bit and say I'm gonna be fighting in the UFC soon and all that jazz hahaha

ps she would be so much hotter in a Braves shirt :)

2. Steve14

Steve14 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm actually a huge MMA fan. You know anywhere in CT that's going to have the Affliction card on Saturday? I might just order it with some people, but I'd prefer going to Black Bear New Haven, Hooters, Wild Wings, or something like that.

3. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We'll be at The Playwright for my birthday bash, I'm waiting to hear back from them if they are going to have it on there or not. IF not, I'll ask them if I can order it haha I have no problem with that. Hooters gets kinda packed for UFC events, not so sure how it would be with Affliction's card...UFC fans only know UFC, but MMA fans, like you and I, know all of them. I'd go with Wild Wings though, I love that place.....oh and LETS GO ARLOVSKI!!!!!!

4. Steve14

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I usually go to black bear new haven (thats my normal hang out anyway), but they stopped playing audio on the headliner fights and it annoys me. I watched The Ultimate at Wild Wings, the service and food there is awful, place is overpriced.

Yea, most people call MMA UFC...it gets a little annoying. I would like to start training, I was going to either box or practice brazilian jui jitsu. I have some karate experience but from when I was much younger. The problem is that I am playing basketball about 3 times a week and lifting 5-6 days so I'm not sure I would be able to train enough to make it worthwhile.

I do like Arlovsky, and I like rooting for the underdog, but it does bother me that Dana White consistently trashes Fedor, so I kind of want to see him continue to dominate. I'm interested in the Sobral fight and the Barnett fight. It really is a great card.

Who I do despise is Lesnar, and I really hope Mir beats him. I actually am planning to head out to Vegas in May to visit Joe, I was hoping to time it out with the Lesnar/Mir fight, which should be in May and at MGM. Hopefully that works out.

5. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I hear ya man, Dana is getting quite annoying with his trashing Fedor....but I do hope Andrei beats em down....expecting it to go alot logner than the Sylvia fight lol

I'm looking forward to that Belfort fight myself. I was always a fan, so its interesting to see which Vitor will show up...The Phenom or.....just regular Vitor Belfort

Theres a bunch of places you can go if you want to train. I'm at American Top Team in Danbury (Dan Craemer of TUF fame came out of here) but theres a bunch of places down that way as well. In fact I think ATT just opened a new spot in Bridgeport. It's def a great way to stay in shape, build muscle and strength all at the same time.

6. Steve14

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    He went to UConn with me. I didn't know him personally, I know who he is though. He's friends with a few people I know.

He's actually fighting on the GSP/Penn 2 undercard.

7. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yeah he is, i tried to convince him to get me tickets, but he claimed he only could for family members and members of his immediate training camp....I mean hell, I train with you, get me some damn tickets!!! haha oh and I'm at Eastern

8. rockrgrrrl

rockrgrrrl I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Whoa, you snagged some high quality bitches last year. LOL

9. rockrgrrrl

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You train MMA? That's pretty cool. I'm always watching UFC and boxing, or rather sleeping through it... :p

10. rockrgrrrl

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    One of my neighbors from Jersey fought on the undercard in UFC 92. He was actually on the televised card too. Mike Massenzio.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice